urlopen prefs

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
JosDuchIt

urlopen prefs

Post by JosDuchIt »

I have lost time to find where you could set the urlopen prefs (url )
Now i tried to change the settings (adding Odyssey browser) with no succes.
Whether i try to change an existing line or add a new browser, an entered string (cloënt name, cliënt path) always disappears or gets back to NETSURF when entering the next string of the same line.
There seems to be something wrong with the edit mode.
Raziel

Re: urlopen prefs

Post by Raziel »

JosDuchIt wrote:I have lost time to find where you could set the urlopen prefs (url )
Now i tried to change the settings (adding Odyssey browser) with no succes.
Whether i try to change an existing line or add a new browser, an entered string (cloënt name, cliënt path) always disappears or gets back to NETSURF when entering the next string of the same line.
There seems to be something wrong with the edit mode.
Add New Client

Type in the name of the program and press ENTER

Works for me
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
JosDuchIt

Post by JosDuchIt »

@Raziel

Thanks for the fast reply: Works for me too. :)

I used the TAB key though, i did not expect either that just entering the application would generate the right command lines everywher too (they are different for the different browsers )
The urlopen.doc was no help though in the above problems, some mention of where the prefs are and how to use them would be useful.
Using the TAB to move into prefs settings and at the end hitting some OK button or the return key is indeed what users expect.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

JosDuchIt wrote:@Raziel

Thanks for the fast reply: Works for me too. :)

I used the TAB key though, i did not expect either that just entering the application would generate the right command lines everywher too (they are different for the different browsers )
The urlopen.doc was no help though in the above problems, some mention of where the prefs are and how to use them would be useful.
Using the TAB to move into prefs settings and at the end hitting some OK button or the return key is indeed what users expect.
Yeah, there was some talks about it, sGrab and probably far more software do it the same way and it's considered proper coding (from a porgrammers pov) :-)

If you want, take a look here
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg