Recent issues... SOLVED

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Belxjander

Recent issues... SOLVED

Post by Belxjander »

I have managed to work around a jxfs issue but instead ran afoul of another hdd failure which again amounted to the loss of an additional system drive.

so development on my existing projects has stalled again, If anyone knows of some decently made sata cables with decently clamped 90 degree connectors and in sets of 2 or 4?

EDIT: Outstanding solution,

I managed to rework to having 2x500GB drives and repartitioned and relocated whatwas essential.
Last edited by Belxjander on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raziel

Re: Recent issues...

Post by Raziel »

Belxjander wrote:I have managed to work around a jxfs issue but instead ran afoul of another hdd failure which again amounted to the loss of an additional system drive.

so development on my existing projects has stalled again, If anyone knows of some decently made sata cables with decently clamped 90 degree connectors and in sets of 2 or 4?
Not to flame against jxfs (i had it in use myself for some time), but it has been said in the not so distant past that jxfs might be a dead-end (development-wise).
(Not sure if that is still the case...joerg?)

You'd be better off with using sfs/sfs2 (also because of the already available repair tools)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
joerg

Post by joerg »

Raziel wrote:You'd be better off with using sfs/sfs2 (also because of the already available repair tools)
There are no tools for SFS\2.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

joerg wrote:
Raziel wrote:You'd be better off with using sfs/sfs2 (also because of the already available repair tools)
There are no tools for SFS\2.
Oh, ok...i thought the tools that work with SFS\0 also applies to SFS\2

Too much time past since i tried...never had any problems with my SFS\0 formatted partitions :-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
HKvalhe

Re: Recent issues... SOLVED

Post by HKvalhe »

Didn't notice this, so now i have. It's most unfortunate that it's found out JXFS is not a good file system to use at all.

I wonder if JXFS that is part of AmigaOS 4.1, actually now turns out to have been a mistake? That it should never have been made?

Another problem is that there are no recovery tools for the SFS2. SFS2 seems to be the best choice. I would like to see a SFS3 some day, unless there are other ideas.

I have now changed all my 4 partitions on my internal SSD HDD to use SFS2 only. Only my 1TB external USB 3 harddrive is using JXFS for all 4 partitions on that drive.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Belxjander

Re: Recent issues... SOLVED

Post by Belxjander »

Use of JXFS would be fine for large data sets up to 400GB where dataloss is a non issue

I did have a 500GB drive that I practically filled before problems showed up.

Basically once less than 20% is freespace, before that, no problems at all

So I would say it was a decent experiment which showed possibilities