AmiUpdate (ftp) Logon Request

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Raziel

AmiUpdate (ftp) Logon Request

Post by Raziel »

With todays "dos.library" 53.152 update AU is giving me a logon request for "ftp.hyperion-entertainment.biz".

EDIT:
It is the MUI update thats causing the problem
07:59:27 Starting update of 'MUI-4.0-os4-20140202-svn3184.lha.pgp'

07:59:27 Starting password protected FTP transfer...

07:59:27 Prompting user for login details...

08:14:54 Login cancelled

08:14:54 No logon details supplied, updating aborted
I don't have pgp installed, maybe that's the problem?
While i might easily be able to get the update with my Hyperion logon details (haven't tried yet), i'm wondering why AU is asking?
I have a "SiteList" file with exactly that details on SYS: and i know every other update got the information from there.

Has this behaviour to do with the server error (500) discussed here?

And while i'm at it,i would like to ask if AU could encrypt this SiteList file in a future version?
Not that someone else has access to the miggy, i'm just not feeling very well with my login details saved as readable text.

Thanks
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AmiUpdate (ftp) Logon Request

Post by Petrol »

Hello Raziel,

A mistake has been done somewhere in the amiupdate entry database, you shouldn't have to access to this FTP to update your MUI.

Regards,
Xavier.
fairdinkem

Post by fairdinkem »

I am experiencing the same error
Pegasos 2 1GHZ G4 AmigaOS 4.1.6
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Me as well. What username and password we have to enter? The one I got to login to A-EON's website doesn't seem to work.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Experiencing the same problem here myself, but still i tried to send an email to Hyperion Entertainment that i am no longer using my old Broadpark email address for my HKvalhe account. I'm now using the Online.no email address.

I hope this can be fixed. I couldn't access to the updates even by typing in the right username and password. Certainly a mistake in this database entry for AmiUpdate.

Perhaps we should ignore these two updates for now, and hopefully they will appear again little later in the right way?
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Raziel wrote:With todays "dos.library" 53.152 update AU is giving me a logon request for "ftp.hyperion-entertainment.biz".
Ignore that. There has been some internal miscommunication with the new AmiUpdate admins.

There is a good reason why everyone is not allowed to update an AmiUpdate database... :mrgreen:
ExecSG Team Lead
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

ssolie wrote:
Raziel wrote:With todays "dos.library" 53.152 update AU is giving me a logon request for "ftp.hyperion-entertainment.biz".
Ignore that. There has been some internal miscommunication with the new AmiUpdate admins.

There is a good reason why everyone is not allowed to update an AmiUpdate database... :mrgreen:
Thanks for the information :) Will ignore the update asking for the login to the ftp.hyperion-entertainment.biz for now. I hope the misunderstanding in the admins will be addressed :)

PS: The other update was updated normally. Only this login update has to be ignored, like you say.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
fairdinkem

Post by fairdinkem »

The first MUI update completed today however the last one being the 3rd party MUI class update still requires login.
Pegasos 2 1GHZ G4 AmigaOS 4.1.6
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

fairdinkem wrote:The first MUI update completed today however the last one being the 3rd party MUI class update still requires login.
Correct, as the first MUI updated was updated as normal, while the 3rd party MUI class updated required login. This last one had to be ignored, as Solie stated.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway