Suggestion: Popupmenu, delayed submenu closing

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
mlehto

Suggestion: Popupmenu, delayed submenu closing

Post by mlehto »

I think, that it should be easier to navigate to submenus, if submenu closing is delayed a bit.

Ie. if I click RMB over WB screen and WB popupmenu opens. Then I navigate to utilities, I click utilities maybe where U-letter is located. Quite long submenu opens.

Then I navigate directly to let say clock, wich is up in list. I usually try shortest way to clock. But when I go up, mouse pointer is over System-entry. And bong, utililties submenu closes and system submenu opens...

There is allready delay-time for submenu opening in preferencies. I think that adjustable submenu closing should make popupmenus easier to use.

I think that this is generally normal UI-behavior elsewhere.

Or am I totally wrong? :)
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Suggestion: Popupmenu, delayed submenu closing

Post by BillEaves »

mlehto wrote:I think, that it should be easier to navigate to submenus, if submenu closing is delayed a bit.

There is allready delay-time for submenu opening in preferencies. I think that adjustable submenu closing should make popupmenus easier to use.
I think that this is generally normal UI-behavior elsewhere.

Or am I totally wrong? :)
I have the same problem too, I would second the idea.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

I agree, sometimes an option like that can be pretty usefull, expecially (after the contextmenu is opened) when you try to select an items "from the bottom to the top" .. using this method the submenus will be closed a bit too faster, aka before you are able to click on the item you want !

Also (even if isn't related at all) would be cool to add a couple of cosmetic OS4's style features into the contextmenu in itself ;)

1 - An option to set the contextmenu as trasparent
2 - An option to have the corner rounded
mlehto

Post by mlehto »

Tested Magicmenu v2.3

Way, how it handle contexmenu, is easier.When you want open entry, you have to push lmb. Then, where ever one navigates with mouse pointer, it stays open.

Program works with OS4, but outlook is not very stylish any more :)

So sticking with contexmenu.