How does bootloader determine default kicklayout config?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Reth
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

How does bootloader determine default kicklayout config?

Post by Reth »

Hi everybody,

unfortunately I cannot find appropriate information regarding this topic anymore. Already looked for it inside this forum as well as inside other fora and my emails.
Maybe somebody here can give me a short hint or link regarding this question?

Setup is: One partition (non-bootable) including a kicklayout file inside a kickstart dir together with another bootable partition also equipped with a different kicklayout file inside a kickstart dir. None of these kicklayouts has an entry labelled Default! Both partitions reside on the same IDE HD. First one is the non-bootable one described above followed by the bootable one (so same order as I introduced their kickstart setups).
During bootup both configs are displayed in the order I introduced them above but always the 2nd one is set as default. Inside both kickstart dirs the entry for bootdevice is set to its appropriate partition.
How can I bootloader tell that the first config I described should be the default one?

Many thanks in advance and

Best Regards
zappa2009

Re: How does bootloader determine default kicklayout config?

Post by zappa2009 »

The 2nd one is on the bootable Partition so its the default one.
if all two configs are on bootable Partitions the firstone will be the default one.

For load diferent Kickstart i use inside the Kickstartlayout-File a default one (my prefered Partition) and a second (my Test install).

Path ONE=Kickstart
Path TWO=Kickstart/TWO
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9
Reth
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Reth »

Thanks, that worked.
zappa2009

Post by zappa2009 »

Youre Welcome ;)
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9