Update 6 - Clean install or over current Update 5 setup?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
HKvalhe

Update 6 - Clean install or over current Update 5 setup?

Post by HKvalhe »

Hi, just downloaded the newly released Update 6 for AmigaOS 4.1, but i am wondering about this:

Can Update 6 be installed over my configured Update 5 setup, or does it demand a CLEAN Update 5 setup to install Update 6 successfully?

That's all i wonder before doing the update.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Update 6 - Clean install or over current Update 5 setup?

Post by ssolie »

There is no need for a "clean" install of Update 5. Just install it on top of your existing Update 5-based system as per usual.
ExecSG Team Lead
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

ssolie wrote:There is no need for a "clean" install of Update 5. Just install it on top of your existing Update 5-based system as per usual.
Already done :) Thank you and your team for this wonderful, minor but very useful update :) Just installed it over my previous setup without problems ;) Thank you so much! :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Delta

Post by Delta »

Love the AmiUpdate tool, i'm a big fan of automated stuff. We are getting close to what I expect of an OS for everyday usage.

Thanks to the OS4 team!
-=Delta
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Delta wrote:Love the AmiUpdate tool, i'm a big fan of automated stuff. We are getting close to what I expect of an OS for everyday usage.

Thanks to the OS4 team!
It's a very professional and future-proof step, making AmigaOS more modern and serious that way ;) I like that ;) Mine is set to check for updates and install them automatically ;)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway