No Program AmiDock icons (dockies) (somewhat fixed)

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
xenic

No Program AmiDock icons (dockies) (somewhat fixed)

Post by xenic »

Until a few days ago I did not have the "dockies" activated in programs that use them. When I switched them to use dockies, I don't see any program dockies added to AmiDock. I played around with YAM for a while (changing configuration, deleting the config file etc,) and did see a YAM docky once. However, when I quit YAM and restarted it there was no YAM docky. I also set the Tunenet prefs to use a docky but never see it's icon in AmiDock. Are there some prefs that prevent programs from adding dockies? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of other programs that should add a docky?

EDIT: I finally got program dockies to work, but it was quite a struggle. AmiDock needs some work I think. It took me hours to discover that clicking "save" in AmiDock prefs doesn't seem to work. I finally had to click "use" and then manually copy the prefs file from ENV:Sys to ENVARC:Sys. That didn't solve my problem though. No matter how I changed the AmiDock settings, no Program dockies were displayed. I finally recovered an old AmiDock prefs file in an Update3 backup and was able to change the prefs in that file and get Program dockies working. While I was making changes in the AmiDock prefs program, the GUI consistantly went crazy; displaying checkmarks in white instead of black and having large parts of the GUI covered with white blocks. I really think some beta tester should rename the AmiDock prefs and try making a lot of additions and changes from scratch. It didn't work too well for me.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE