AmiUpdate fails to install version 2.18 (SOLVED)

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
HKvalhe

AmiUpdate fails to install version 2.18 (SOLVED)

Post by HKvalhe »

Just recently, AmiUpdate 2.17 i have on my AmigaOS 4.1.5 system running AmigaOne 500 asked for an updated version of AmiUpdate to install. That version is 2.18.

Normally, it should install just fine, but after it seemed to do so, it asked AGAIN to install version 2.18. Is there a bug in this update? Not suppose to behave like that.

I'm trying to find the updated file to install it MANUALLY, bypassing the problem, unless you can tell me what i should do.

UPDATE: I guess by waiting a couple of minutes after a recently released update or trying a couple of times to "force" for an update, usually solve the issue.
At last it solved itself for me by being stubborn and keep "pushing forward" for an update, so at LAST it updated to 2.18 for AmiUpdate and made a new backup.

Sorry for bothering you, guys and girls ;) Perhaps this can be provided as a solution or a hint for others who might or have faced this problem? ;)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio