8 bit screenmodes not always working

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Hans-Joerg Frieden
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: 8 bit screenmodes not always working

Post by Hans-Joerg Frieden »

mpiva wrote:As for bumping the thread, I apologize. I didn't realize there was such a strict policy against it. I won't do it again.
It wasn't said specifically, so I added it to the forum rules sections now. See the "Announcements" forum.
NOTICE: If you want to contact me, use E-Mail. I cannot be contacted via the forum/private messages anymore
klapdeur

Post by klapdeur »

Hans wrote:@mpiva

I recognise that corruption pattern. There was an issue with older drivers (such as the beta release on the Sam460ex CD) in which graphics corruption such as your screenshots show would intermittently occur once every few startups. It was generally only visible on 8-bit screens, and possibly with composited screens as well. It seemed to affect some cards more than others, and would disappear after a reset.

This has since been fixed. It was caused by some totally bizarre behaviour from the card, and it took me weeks to stumble upon what triggered it.

Hans
Hans when will you release the fixed driver for the sam460ex (amigaOne 500).

the scramble picture is driving me nuts,

regards
klapdeur
mpiva

Post by mpiva »

I just wanted to finish up this thread by saying that, every since ACube released the version 0.27 RadeonHD drivers, I haven't had a single incident of corrupted 8bit screens. Thanks for all your great work Hans! :D