Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Post by xeno74 »

Roland wrote: There was still a dependency problem:

Code: Select all

network-manager depends on libnm0 (= 1.20.2-1); however:
  Version of libnm0:powerpc on system is 1.14.6-2.
Please install the latest libnm0.

Download: libnm0_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Roland

Post by Roland »

xeno74 wrote:Please install the latest libnm0.

Download: libnm0_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb
Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.
- Roland -
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Roland wrote: Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.
Great! :-)

@Casey
Could you please add the following packages to the Fienix repository?
Thanks
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

xeno74 wrote:
Roland wrote: Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Great! :-)

@Casey
Could you please add the following packages to the Fienix repository?
Thanks
Absolutely, I'll add them tonight.
Do you think these should be included in the base install?
-Casey
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.
I noticed this also. I ran "dpkg --configure -a" right after the upgrade and it fixed all the issues, so I'm having a hard time figuring out why they're happening in the first place. Try running "dpkg --configure -a" as su if you still have unconfigured packages.
-Casey
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:I noticed this also. I ran "dpkg --configure -a" right after the upgrade and it fixed all the issues, so I'm having a hard time figuring out why they're happening in the first place. Try running "dpkg --configure -a" as su if you still have unconfigured packages.
-Casey
Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.
- Roland -
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.
Have you updated your kernel? The only one I've found to have that issue is 4.19.65. Maybe try 5.3? Do you know how to upgrade your kernel? I can give you a step-by-step if you want to try!
-Casey
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

These packages have all been added.
-Casey
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:
Roland wrote:Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.
Have you updated your kernel? The only one I've found to have that issue is 4.19.65. Maybe try 5.3? Do you know how to upgrade your kernel? I can give you a step-by-step if you want to try!
I was using 4.19.53. Tested now 4.20.17, it does not have the therminal issue! I think there is not yet an initrd for 5.3, so I will use 4.20 as it works with the initrd for 4.19. I prefer to operate with the partition labels...
Last edited by Roland on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Roland -
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:
These packages have all been added.
-Casey
Fine! IMHO network manager should definitely be in the base install as it seems to solve the network problems.
- Roland -