Kernel 5.3

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Kernel 5.3

Post by xeno74 »

xeno74 wrote:Hi All,

I released a new device tree blob for the Tabor board today.

Download: Tabor_device_tree_blob_0.3.tar.gz

Cheers,
Christian
I released a device tree blob without fsl,eloplus-dma-channel support for testing today.

Download: tabor4.dtb

Cheers,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

nbache wrote:
kilaueabart wrote:IOn Ubuntu I can easily use Hyperion Message Boards with Arctic Fox. Why do I always have to log in if I go there on Fienix? I always end up switching to New Moon, which knows who I am.
On the login page, there's a checkbox "login automatically each visit" or similar.

Did you forget to set that?

It saves the choice as a cookie locally in the browser, i.e. it has to be set for each browser in each system.
No, I have clicked on that square, got the check mark, then logged on dozens of times by now. Including the time before this, a few minutes ago. It never does any good.

Another slightly similar difference between Ubuntu and Fienix Arctic Fox. On Ubuntu, "Most Visited" fills up and makes a handy bookmarks susbstitute. It's always empty on Fienix.
Last edited by kilaueabart on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

xeno74 wrote:
kilaueabart wrote:Does this look right, have I done the module properly?
Yes it's correct! :-)
Except I shouldn't have removed the one for Kernel 5.2. I have noticed some problems since moving to 5.3 but I'm not sure I didn't have them before.
I no longer get a Bluetooth icon in the top right panel. I know I used get it to because I mentioned in another post that my (non-working) iBus icon was between it and the speaker icon.
Also nothing in that panel to set up Wi-Fi with. Only internet related thing is "Device Details for enP4096p4s4."

I doubt either of these matters relate to the kernel. It's just that I had not noticed them until after changing. So I am going to try to get 5.2 back in there and see.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

kilaueabart wrote:No, I have clicked on that square, got the check mark, then logged on dozens of times by now. Including the time before this, a few minutes ago. It never does any good.
Hmm, sounds like the cookie isn't saved - maybe something in the browser settings is set to not accept/save cookies?
Another slightly similar difference between Ubuntu and Fienix Arctic Fox. On Ubuntu, "Most Visited" fills up and makes a handy bookmarks susbstitute. It's always empty on Fienix.
This almost sounds like you're running in "private mode" (or whatever it's called in that browser). Could be related.

Best regards,

Niels
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

nbache wrote:
kilaueabart wrote:No, I have clicked on that square, got the check mark, then logged on dozens of times by now. Including the time before this, a few minutes ago. It never does any good.
Hmm, sounds like the cookie isn't saved - maybe something in the browser settings is set to not accept/save cookies?
This almost sounds like you're running in "private mode" (or whatever it's called in that browser). Could be related.

Best regards,

Niels
I'll look into this but I'm going to move my answer to the Fienix thread since it's not related to the kernel.
-Casey
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

nbache wrote:Hmm, sounds like the cookie isn't saved - maybe something in the browser settings is set to not accept/save cookies?
By golly, Niels, that was it! I found an "Arctic Fox will: Never remember history" in Tools > Preferences > Privacy. A note below the setting said it would be like Privacy mode. I'm going to feel pretty stupid for a couple of hours. Fortunately my short term memory is on its way out. (But just maybe I'll think to look at Preferences if I have odd problems again.)
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

I mentioned about my Modules folder
kilaueabart wrote: Except I shouldn't have removed the one for Kernel 5.2. I have noticed some problems since moving to 5.3 but I'm not sure I didn't have them before.
I no longer get a Bluetooth icon in the top right panel. I know I used get it to because I mentioned in another post that my (non-working) iBus icon was between it and the speaker icon.
Sure enough, I get the Bluetooth icon if I run Kernel 5.2 but no icon with 5.3.
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

kilaueabart wrote:Does this look right, have I done the module properly?
Sorry my statement was incorrect. You copied the directory 5.3.0-rc6_A-EON_X5000 to /modules but the correct directory is /lib/modules/.

This is the reason that the Bluetooth icon isn't displayed. Please copy the directory 5.3.0-rc6_A-EON_X5000 to /lib/modules/.

kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

xeno74 wrote:... You copied the directory 5.3.0-rc6_A-EON_X5000 to /modules but the correct directory is /lib/modules/.
I didn't think it looked right; glad I asked.
/lib/modules is now stuffed with 12 kernel modules. About time I cleaned most of them out.
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Hi All,

Here is the RC8 of kernel 5.3 for the X5000, X1000, and A1222.

New:
Download: linux-image-5.3-rc8-X1000_X5000_A1222.tar.gz

Screenshot of kernel 5.3-rc8 in a virtual e500v2 QEMU machine:

Cheers,
Christian