X5000 graphics tablet

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Tijatjj

X5000 graphics tablet

Post by Tijatjj »

Are there any graphic tablets known to work on x5000
msalcedo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: X5000 graphics tablet

Post by msalcedo »

Yes, several, but you need the drivers from os4 depot (there's a list of working tablets in the docs there)

Forgot to add.. try Andy Broad drawing program "Sketchbook Pro" on AmiStore!
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Thank you, I bought the program but tablet won’t work ,Wacom tablet , Intuos small.Great program though I emailed him about the tablet got right back to me.Made a few suggestions the x5000 was slightly problem said his x1000 none but not same tablet.He thought the tablet might be too new and he even gave me email for the guy that wrote the Amiga Wacom driver how’s that for customer service,nice man for sure .This is why I am asking for specific brands and models of tablets so as not to be buying different ones .The os4depot are not specifying what machines they are using . The one I have is an X5000.
msalcedo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by msalcedo »

os4 depot is for amiga os4 software.. includes the x5000

Please read the read-me file with the drivers which has a very good list of working tablets!

I have an Intuos2 6x9 (which name I got off the list)
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

All the NG machines (XE, Sams, X-1000, X-5000, A-1222) use the same serial port driver and so should all behave the same with your tablet.
cheers
tony
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

tonyw wrote:All the NG machines (XE, Sams, X-1000, X-5000, A-1222) use the same serial port driver and so should all behave the same with your tablet.
It will be a USB based tablet.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I guess that to the USB stack it looks just like a multi-button mouse?
cheers
tony
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

tonyw wrote:I guess that to the USB stack it looks just like a multi-button mouse?

If you are lucky yes. With no dedicated driver installed best case is that it will function as a mouse, all drawing strokes will be treated and relative movements and no pressure sensitivity. Or it might just go 'potty'.

There is dedicated wacom driver at os4depot, but from discussions else where we know it;s not recognisong this newer tablet. Best case here is that the list of IDs will just need updating, worst case is new driver needing to be written. I think Titajj has been in touch with the author of that driver ( Abalaban) , fingers crossed he can support it.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Please excuse the delay. The new tablet driver does not work .Contacted Alexandre Balaban and informed him .It shows up but does not work with tablet.
Attachments
79D7BC0C-FC1D-49BD-8571-B540FCA99D7F.jpeg
invent
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by invent »

I have just offered Abalaban a Wacom Intuos tablet if he needs one (posted in other forum)
He seems quite busy at the moment with work, happy to donate hardware if it helps encourage more time in development.