Apple magic keyboard black - problems to "Early boot menu"

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
dzanino

Apple magic keyboard black - problems to "Early boot menu"

Post by dzanino »

Hello

I need some help with Apple Magic Keyboard Black with AmigaOne X5000 (made february 2019)
I am new to this X5K..

Using this keyboard is no problem when connected with included "Lightining to USB" cable and with AmigaOS4.1 FE it normally works (all keys, all shortcuts)

But:

I am experiencing problems in early boot to get into "Early startup menu" by holding "ESC key" on booting up (while boingball is spinning), I saw that "any key" can be pressed, ot the "Enter key" should be pressed, BUT none of this work :(
I tried all USB ports on the back, nothing gets me in to the early boot

Can anybody help, how can I get into "Early boot menu"
Or confirm that the keyboard is no use on startup? or is there another way to enter this "Early startup on X5K made 2019", maybe because of new UBoot?
Do you have any idea, shall I use another keyboard

I use primary Mac with this black magic keyboard via Bluetooth, and its more comfortable to have only one keyboard on the desk and that I can share only by plugging the cable - AmigaOne, disconnected cable - Mac

Thank you for your time

I am new, so slowly getting in to it
donfirth

Re: Apple magic keyboard black - problems to "Early boot men

Post by donfirth »

It would seem that Apple Does things a bit different.
I had the same issue with an older Apple Keyboard.
My standard PC keyboard works for U-Boot
dzanino

Re: Apple magic keyboard black - problems to "Early boot men

Post by dzanino »

thank you
yes that is what I am planning to

Just wanted to know if there is a ""workaround" to make this apple keyboard to work somehow

Because of a convinience:
I have two computers, one monitor, two mices and one keyboard that works on both perfectly in AmigaOS but not while boot in Early Boot menu