After installation Amiga OS 4.1 FE get this error

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
dzanino

After installation Amiga OS 4.1 FE get this error

Post by dzanino »

I have Amiga 1200 in tower with Blizzard 060/PPC 603e w 128MB, FastATA MKIV with CF HDD, DVD-ROM, Mediator 1200TX (ATI Radeon 9250 256MB, USB SpiderII, SB128), Wifi PCMCIA
First I had problems with original CD (AmigaOS4.1 FE) to be recognised
partial solution was remove hdd, inserted BootFloppy, when prompted to "insert AmigaOS CD" (that was already inside CDdrive), hit cancel, in CLI typed "ATA3.driver" (without RESIDENT QUIET) then it started to load CD but five hours had the onscreen red name "AmigaOS 4.1 Classic" logo...
After couple of experiments I found a solution to start one CF drive with plain OS3.9 (AOS3.9) installed on, and start "Start from 3.X" file on "AmigaOS4.1 Installation disk"

After that AmigaOS 4.1 ROM kicked on, right after purple screen colour I removed CF HDD with "AOS3.9" and add another CF card in (empty, or what ever, it was formatted later either) and I succesfully installed Amiga OS4.1 right as it was described in official online guides (and guide that was bundled with AmigaOS 4.1 Final Editon)
I did (by today more than 20 different steps) and installed AOS4.1FE
everything was going fine until I did cold reset, or Turn Off and On (as it is stated in steps to turn off Amiga for 15 seconds)
THEN the "Amiga OS4.1 FE Kickstart" could not get on, and the AOS4.1 comes with errors again this time C:BootLoader "Program failed Error #8000000A" and I am done :(

I am desperate :(

My recent installation on CF card is so: 1st partition - FFS w long filenames, 2nd SWAP, 3rd DATA... all are FFS with 512 blocksize (SFS\00 and also SFS\02 was given many times, but only resulted with errors of FilesSystem failures, thats why I chose FFS)

Now I am stucked with error pictured below
Any ideas what can be wrong?

I had briefly writen the situation, but I think I did almost everything, thats why I am here to ask you...
I havent found also solution in this forum, or elsewhere, nor reply from Hyperion)

It seems like it cannot load AmigaOS4.1 Kickstart when turned on after being off :(
I thought Kickstart 3.X from Cloanto will fix this, but no! :(

Please help
Thank you for watching
IMG_6276.JPG
dont know why it is upsied down, but when you click on it, then the picrture is well aspected (many weird things here) :))
Benny

Re: After installation Amiga OS 4.1 FE get this error

Post by Benny »

dzanino

Post by dzanino »

Hello
Thank you

taken from the other thread: "Yes, I do have OS4.1FE running on my 1200. To beable to install the OS you will need to connect your harddrive to your primary master and your CD/DVD drive to your primary slave as the secondary connector will not work while installing the OS. Then you can use the boot floppy and the CD should be recognised.

After you have installed the OS then you can move the CD/DVD drive back to the secondary connector if your setup is like that."

The thing is that AmigaOS4.1 FE is installed on CF HDD 8GB on primary master and CD/DVD secondary slave on FastaATA1200 MKIV
All drivers are ok and system (on other systems work perfectly and really fast

The problem is that the installed Amiga OS 4.1 on CF (primary master) with CD/DVD (secondray slave) - this configuration boots into these errors :(
I have already tried to switch them, tried different positions of CF and CD/DVD, but other configurations dont boot at all :(
Benny

Post by Benny »

You verified that the machine is installing correctly without the FastATA MK4: the CF and CD-ROM directly connected to the IDE-connector of the A1200 motherboard, just to be sure the problem is the fastATA ?
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Checked correct settings in BPPC-Menu (Maprom off etc...)?