where is the new 3.1?

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
fab

Re: where is the new 3.1?

Post by fab »

fab wrote:Same question here. I would like to acquire the OS 3.1 (40.43) release (with the free copy of OS 1.3.3) as mentioned here (this link no more working).
Why isn't it available under the download section ?
Nobody from Hyperion to provide an answer or a working link ? :?:
fab

Post by fab »

Really, nobody? :?:
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

It's no use asking us devs, we don't know anything about it.
cheers
tony
fab

Post by fab »

Thank you Mr Tony for providing an answer. That the silence be broken is appreciable.
As you (the dev. team) may have understood, the question is not directed to you specifically (the dev. team).

If there is a more appropriate place to ask such question, would you mind to let it to me know ?
Indeed on Hyperion's main site, there is only a physical postal address or the e-mail of the web master.
It would be a little weird if in 2018 you had to draw your pen and an envelope to ask a question...
So except this forum... :?:
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

fab wrote:If there is a more appropriate place to ask such question, would you mind to let it to me know ?
Indeed on Hyperion's main site, there is only a physical postal address or the e-mail of the web master.
It would be a little weird if in 2018 you had to draw your pen and an envelope to ask a question...
So except this forum... :?:
The web master address certainly goes to Hyperion's management team.
ExecSG Team Lead
fab

Post by fab »

ssolie wrote:The web master address certainly goes to Hyperion's management team.
Thank you for the advise. Will follow it.
fab

Post by fab »

Here is the answer received :
..., elder versions than 3.1.4 are not for sale anymore. Thank you for your understanding. -- Sincerely, ...
C64er

Post by C64er »

fab wrote:Here is the answer received :
..., elder versions than 3.1.4 are not for sale anymore. Thank you for your understanding. -- Sincerely, ...
That sucks, as as I'm concerned 3.1.4 is no good. At least the data I got. Save your money and find a set of 3.1 disks on eBay.
fab

Post by fab »

C64er wrote:That sucks, as as I'm concerned 3.1.4 is no good. At least the data I got. Save your money and find a set of 3.1 disks on eBay.
Honestly, I'm not going to play looking on e-bay for disks of a product that was bought in digital download by someone.
So if someone reading this thread wants to sell me his digital download and licence of the "OS 3.1 (40.43) release (with the free copy of OS 1.3.3)", let me know here : threema[colon][slash][slash]add[question mark]id[equal]F8MRMKPK (https://threema.ch/en).
I think it's a pity that this product is no more available. But Hyperion must have his reasons for doing so.