Appdir

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
dstastny

Appdir

Post by dstastny »

I have been testing out the newer gcc 5.4 and wrote a couple scripts to switch between compilers but am having issues with appdir. On the adtools site it says to clear appdir with

Code: Select all

delete APPDIR:#?
I find this does not work as the actual values are stored in env: and envarc: so unless I delete those entries clearing appdir does not work. Is this proper approach to just clear out or am I missing something.

Thanks
Doug
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Appdir

Post by salass00 »

I find this does not work as the actual values are stored in env: and envarc: so unless I delete those entries clearing appdir does not work. Is this proper approach to just clear out or am I missing something.
No, constantly clearing APPDIR: is overkill when the real problem is that APPDIR: is an entry in the command path in the first place (an experiment that didn't quite work out).

The right solution is to find the "Path ADD" command in S:startup-sequence and remove APPDIR: from there and the problem should be solved permanently.
dstastny

Re: Appdir

Post by dstastny »

@salass00

Works for me!

Thanks
Doug