Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
thomasrapp

Re: Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

Post by thomasrapp »

Niolator wrote:But how can I read the data on SFS partitions then?
Higher version numbers shouldn't break compatibility. Even the publicly available version 1.279 should be able to read it. So either store the 68k version of SFS into the RDB of the disk or add the PPC version to your Kicklayout, then the partitions should appear.

If you add a second harddrive to the system, be sure to remove the "last disk" flag from the first one. Should be done automatically by Media Toolbox or HDToolbox if you select the first disk.
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

duga wrote:
Niolator wrote:@kas1e & Amigo1: You mean that you should get the Enhancer Software Pack with your X5000 motherboard? The only software I got was a burnt CD with the AmigaOS 4.1 installer. Could it be so that it is only bundled with complete systems and not if you just buy the motherboard?
I would assume so, yes.
I have searched around a little now and come to the conclusion that it is only Amiga On the Lake that offers the Enhancer Software Pack with the X5000. As I bought mine from GGS-data here in Sweden I didn´t get any such CD.

@thomasrapp: Thanks for the tip. I´ll try with the 68k version for now.

By the way, I have already bought and paid for the RadeonHD-package which is a part of the Enhancer Software Pack. Shouldn't I be able to get a price reduction on the Enhancer Software then?
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

thomasrapp wrote: So either store the 68k version of SFS into the RDB of the disk...

But how am I supposed to acomplish that? I can't save anything to the RDB in Media Toolbox. The only thing I can edit is the SLB and that hasn't got anything to do with it, right?
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

I have now ordered the Enhancer Software CD from Amigakit. I wasn't really prepared to pay that kind of money but I really need what's on one of the partitions. I did make a backup but I seem to have overwritten that backup with something else, just swell.
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

Niolator wrote:I can't save anything to the RDB in Media Toolbox.
Sure you can:

Niolator

Post by Niolator »

I managed to figure that out and tried it to no avail. I did not change the DOSType though. It says you shouldn't. I'll see what I can do later tonight.
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

Niolator wrote:I did not change the DOSType though. It says you shouldn't.
The DosType is the link between file system and partition. The identifier of the file system must match that of the partition, otherwise the file system will not be used for the partition.
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

I have changed the settings to match your example but I can't see the partitions anyway. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Perhaps I am doing nothing wrong but SFS-partitions are blocked by the current version of the OS?

I managed to find some of the files I backed up so the need is not as great any more. I have a few keyfiles on one of the partitions that it would be good to recover though.
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

Niolator wrote:I have changed the settings to match your example but I can't see the partitions anyway. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Please run this and attach the report here: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de ... report.lha
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Yiou could also go into a Shell and type "Version full SmartFileSystem". That will soon tell you if SFS is actually running on your system. Note: NOT "Version FILE...".
cheers
tony