Graphical glitch in shell window

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
samo79

Graphical glitch in shell window

Post by samo79 »

While installing AISS i noted a little graphical glitch that i never noted before, if you look at the shell you can noted that the scrollbar will be anormally showed "above" the depth gadget rathen that be correctly allineated

However graphical glitch disappear completely after you have resize the window

If you are using the AISS installer it will automatally open the shell window exactly at this dimention (by default)
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Graphical glitch in shell window

Post by tonyw »

I can't see the right hand edge of your console window in that post, but I think I know what you mean: The scrollbar is displaced so that it overlaps the Depth gadget at the top of the window.

It's an old problem that only occurs with particular combinations of font and window size. If you change your GUI preferences, it will disappear.

I thought that the Layout gadget had been fixed, but apparently not. I'll see if I can reproduce it and perhaps get someone to fix the gadget.
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

tonyw wrote:I can't see the right hand edge of your console window in that post, but I think I know what you mean: The scrollbar is displaced so that it overlaps the Depth gadget at the top of the window.
Yep Tony the problem is exactly that, pardon my english is very bad ...
tonyw wrote:I thought that the Layout gadget had been fixed, but apparently not. I'll see if I can reproduce it and perhaps get someone to fix the gadget.
You can reproduce it by installing the imagodespira themes:
http://www.amiboing.de/themes.php

If you have the time please can you open a ticket/bugreport for this ?
MichaelMerkel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by MichaelMerkel »

tonyw wrote:I can't see the right hand edge of your console window in that post
[...]
you can open the picture separately vie right mouse button - then you can see it completely.

regards...
michael
Michael Merkel :lol:
(Member of Amiga Freunde Pfalz)
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Yes, I see you can do that with Odyssey, but I mainly use OWB. The fonts look so much better in OWB and Odyssey crashes often.

Samo:
Now that I can see your image (I zoomed out in OWB), I see that it's not the same fault that I saw years ago. The fault shown in your image is that the scroller knob is not displayed at all. This is because the window is too small to display all the gadgets properly.

If no window size is specified, the console opens a window that it thinks will be big enough, but at that stage it does not know how big the GUI elements are going to be. If you have a really tall upper border, it restricts the amount of space for the gadgets.

What size font are you using? Can you show me a screen grab of your Prefs/GUI/Borders/Geometry window?
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

@Samo79

"link expired"
Use AmiCloud ;)
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Oh .. thanks for the advice :-)

New link here: http://i.imgur.com/raAac5U.png

And yes you are right, i should use AmiCloud and not only for that images ..
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

As I thought, it looks quite normal.

Have you tried running the system with the default theme? I had this problem years ago, and I think it only happened when people had third-party themes installed. I never did find out the cause.
cheers
tony
xenic

Post by xenic »

tonyw wrote:As I thought, it looks quite normal.

Have you tried running the system with the default theme? I had this problem years ago, and I think it only happened when people had third-party themes installed. I never did find out the cause.
I use old window specifications that I copied from my original OS4 prerelease disk because I prefer the larger "hit" area in the close gadget. My console windows have the same flaw when minimized. On closer examination it looks like the overlap is a piece of the dragbar. Apparently Intuition or Reaction is not allowing for a dragbar when calculating the minimum window height.

You might be able to compensate by setting the default console window minimum height using IIntuition->GetGUIAttrs() & IIntuition->GetScreenAttr() to get and add GUIA_SizeGadgetHeight + (GUIA_ArrowGadgetHeight * 2) + GUIA_WindowBarPadding + SA_Font(ta_YSize) + 8 and use the result to set the WA_MinHeight value for a console window.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE