Please add support for WinUAE

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
Ffin

Please add support for WinUAE

Post by Ffin »

Please add support for UAE features such as RTG and scsi, and more memory recognised if possible.
develin

Re: Please add support for WinUAE

Post by develin »

+1 from me on that one =)

SCSI is however allready supported so an option to make Z3 memory part of the system rather than SWAP is desirable.
Ffin

Post by Ffin »

develin wrote:+1 from me on that one =)

SCSI is however allready supported so an option to make Z3 memory part of the system rather than SWAP is desirable.
I was referring to uaescsi.device, which would allow directories to be mounted as harddrives, not cybppc.device.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

Ffin wrote: I was referring to uaescsi.device, which would allow directories to be mounted as harddrives, not cybppc.device.
UAEscsi.device is not what allows directories to be mounted as harddrives. It is what gives access to host systems' CD/DVD drives from inside the emulation.
Ffin

Post by Ffin »

salass00 wrote:UAEscsi.device is not what allows directories to be mounted as harddrives. It is what gives access to host systems' CD/DVD drives from inside the emulation.
My mistake. Regardless, accessing directories and drives within AOS would be a very welcome addition.
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

It is not possible to add these features to AmigaOS. Toni Wilen has explained why: WinUAE uses 68k traps which only catch when the instruction is executed by the emulated 68k. AmigaOS disables the 68k CPU and runs in the PPC only. Therefore calling these traps (with Petinua) would just crash.

The AmigaOS team would have to cooperate with the WinUAE team in order to develop a new way to emulate host drives and such and add support for it to both, WinUAE and AmigaOS.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

thomasrapp wrote:The AmigaOS team would have to cooperate with the WinUAE team in order to develop a new way to emulate host drives and such and add support for it to both, WinUAE and AmigaOS.
That is correct.

As of today, WinUAE is not supported and we expect everyone to use the hardware listed on www.amigaos.net. So anybody using WinUAE is on their own.

Everything is subject to change of course but that is what it is today.
ExecSG Team Lead