X1000 doesn't boot after AmiUpdate hard reset

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Raziel

X1000 doesn't boot after AmiUpdate hard reset

Post by Raziel »

I havent read the whole thread and dont know if this bit of infomation was already passed here, but in my case the only instance of a cold reboot (even a not working case button sometimes) i ame acrosss, is when AmiUpdate does its "hard reboot".

And that is reproduceable, i even tried removing an earlier update and on the next hrd reboot from AmiUpdate it gae me a black screen instead of UBoot. (Needed to turn the whole machine fo 10 secons off and on to get it working agan)

All other reboots (crash, freeze, case button reboot, software reboot) work as expected
(Have to add that i dont use Linux)

Maye this helps cornering the problem?
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: X1000 doesn't boot after AmiUpdate hard reset

Post by ssolie »

I split this from that looong thread because the original thread has been solved with a motherboard replacement.

I would prefer people start new threads for new issues with a reference to the old one (if applicable). I find it is a pain to go through old ones and try to pick out which posts are relevant or not.

There is also a wiki page for any X1000 specific solutions which has been started here:
http://wiki.amigaos.net/index.php/AmigaOne_X1000

Much better than wading through a bunch of forum postings. ;)

All that said, I don't know what the problem might be but make sure you try again with kernel 53.58 or higher. AmiUpdate has the latest versions.
ExecSG Team Lead
Raziel

Re: X1000 doesn't boot after AmiUpdate hard reset

Post by Raziel »

ssolie wrote:I split this from that looong thread because the original thread has been solved with a motherboard replacement.

I would prefer people start new threads for new issues with a reference to the old one (if applicable). I find it is a pain to go through old ones and try to pick out which posts are relevant or not.

(snip)

All that said, I don't know what the problem might be but make sure you try again with kernel 53.58 or higher. AmiUpdate has the latest versions.
Quite right you are, i apologize for adding my ramblings to that long thread without reading it throughout

Kewl, ill update and see if the problem goes away :-)
Thanks for that nice surprise, Steven :-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg