X1000 C: commands not pure??

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
xenic

X1000 C: commands not pure??

Post by xenic »

I add all external (3rd party) commands to a secondary C: assignment so that my C: directory only contains system installed commands. I decided add a few commands to the resident list to see if it speeds up a warm reboot. However, I noticed that only a few commands are marked "Pure" (P protection bit set) while almost all the AmigaDOS commands are marked "Pure" on my SAM. Here are the only commands marked "Pure" in my X1000 C directory:
Avail
Copy
Edit
Info
MakeLink
Reboot
RoadshowControl
Version
WBRun

Does that mean that only the above commands can be added to the resident list on the X1000 or are the missing "Pure" settings a mistake (bug) that needs to be fixed?

I also noticed that the "xadClientVer" and "NVSetVar" commands are present on my SAM but missing on the X1000. Should either of those commands also be present in the X1000 C: directory?

The "xadUnF" script is missing the "Script" (S) protection bit on the X1000 which means it won't work unless explicitly "executed" with the Execute command. I'm pretty sure the missing script protection bit is a bug.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: X1000 C: commands not pure??

Post by ssolie »

xenic wrote:Does that mean that only the above commands can be added to the resident list on the X1000 or are the missing "Pure" settings a mistake (bug) that needs to be fixed?
Once we reach final release status we will review which commands are still pure or not. It is not a good idea to mess with the pure bit yourself.
I also noticed that the "xadClientVer" and "NVSetVar" commands are present on my SAM but missing on the X1000. Should either of those commands also be present in the X1000 C: directory?
NVSetVar is only available on UBoot-based platforms.

I don't know much about the xad stuff.
ExecSG Team Lead