X1000 broken (fixed)

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
zappa2009

Re: X1000 broken

Post by zappa2009 »

Connect the Serial-Cable to both Computers , then start the TerminalProgramm and then start Nemo you dont see any "y"
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Another thing to watch out for is the fan noise increasing. When I switch my machine on the first 20 seconds it lays dormant with no signs of life on the monitor then after that I hear a fan increase speed and the machine slowly wakes to life.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Hypex wrote:Another thing to watch out for is the fan noise increasing. When I switch my machine on the first 20 seconds it lays dormant with no signs of life on the monitor then after that I hear a fan increase speed and the machine slowly wakes to life.
For me, switch ON causes the fan on the 6850 graphics card to run full speed for about 1 second and then it turns off until the card needs it.
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
kicko

Post by kicko »

Yes i tried every settings from puTTY you folks described still nothing except that sign.
I tried my systers PSU from her PC connected to x1000. Still same 1 & 2 leds. With nothing connected except "power sw" cable. Tried also with memory and gfx. Same. Im doomed.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

kicko wrote: Still same 1 & 2 leds. Im doomed.
Looks that way :-(

There was a chip added to the X1000 MB that has to do with certain voltages being applied in a certain order. Perhaps, if you are lucky, this might be the only problem.

Your best bet a this point is to work with AmigaKit/A-eon/Varisys to find the problem and a solution.

I have a smartass remark to make,,, but I'll leave that until you are up and running again. ;)
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

kicko wrote:and the test continues.....

How is it with "power sw" (red/white cable next to sata ports). Is it connected to J31 ? Dont remember how i had it in the beginning.
I do hope you moved the power sw connection to P33, P31 is a LED connection & won't start the system up. The case power switch shorts the 2 pins together when you push it, so it is possable that you blew something if it was connected wrong. I don't know what case LED/switch connectors you have connected now, but the only one you need is the "power sw" connected to P33, second 2 pin header from the PSU connection side.

Just realized that a short across a LED header would do nothing anyway without a ground connection, so no harm done, scratch that theory....:-D

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slayer »

zappa2009 wrote:Connect the Serial-Cable to both Computers , then start the TerminalProgramm and then start Nemo you dont see any "y"
You do when I do it ;-)

but I did a few tests and another time I get

þ[HELO][DRAM]SDRAM: ECC off, Non-ECC DIMM used on channel 0.

If I turn off the X1000 and turn it back on while the term is still operating then there is no prefixed character so, I think it's just a little noise and not actually supposed to be there but nonetheless the y is there always on first instance of capturing between my X1000 and Sam Flex anyway.

Some quirk of Term perhaps or a consequence of firing up the serial the first time
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

kicko wrote:Yes i tried every settings from puTTY you folks described still nothing except that sign.
I tried my systers PSU from her PC connected to x1000. Still same 1 & 2 leds. With nothing connected except "power sw" cable. Tried also with memory and gfx. Same. Im doomed.
Not doomed, but you do need to get the machine to Amigakit ASAP, for them to investigate.

These two LED's light on my machine too, but only for about 1/10 of a second (just long enough to see) when the machine is turned on. Then LED's 3,4 and 5 come on, when the watchdog circuitry detects the on-board power regulators have reached the correct voltages. It seems they are not reaching the correct voltages on your board, so it doesn't power up fully.

This explains 2 things - no serial output, the CPU is not running so can't send anything over the serial bus.

You can't turn the board off - the SB600 needs to be on to respond to a 4s press of the power switch, but uses the 5V standby to power the board up.

I'm fairly certain the behaviour you are seeing is deliberate design by Varisys to protect both the CPU and SB600 southbridge from damage.

Regards
Darren
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

daz wrote:
kicko wrote:Yes i tried every settings from puTTY you folks described still nothing except that sign.
Not doomed, but you do need to get the machine to Amigakit ASAP, for them to investigate.

These two LED's light on my machine too, but only for about 1/10 of a second (just long enough to see) when the machine is turned on. Then LED's 3,4 and 5 come on, when the watchdog circuitry detects the on-board power regulators have reached the correct voltages. It seems they are not reaching the correct voltages on your board, so it doesn't power up fully.

This explains 2 things - no serial output, the CPU is not running so can't send anything over the serial bus.

You can't turn the board off - the SB600 needs to be on to respond to a 4s press of the power switch, but uses the 5V standby to power the board up.

I'm fairly certain the behaviour you are seeing is deliberate design by Varisys to protect both the CPU and SB600 southbridge from damage.

Regards
Darren
May i add my two cents?

I had this two LEDs stay on forever when trying to use a broken PCI sound card...as soon as this card was plugged in i got the LEDs stay on for ever and the X sitting there watiting for the witch of the west.

Plugged it out and everything was fine again.

I know, not much of a help because you already tried with no cards in place, but maybe the error is to be found on the PCI bus?
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
kicko

Post by kicko »

No news yet but i got this usb 2 serial adapter so i dont have to occupie my systers desktop PC.
Now i can connect nullmodem between my x1000 -> Laptop using this adapter.

http://www.microshop.se/shop/showItem.a ... D9&vg=1732