[SOLVED] X1000 : graphical glitches with HD5450

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
zzd10h

Re: X1000 : graphical glitches with HD5450

Post by zzd10h »

Thank Trevor for the upload
Bur unfortunately it doesn't work better for me.
I still have glitches and, as you can see on the first grab above, still have these verticals bars near the close and resizes gadgets.

Do you think that these vertical bars or these disappearing buttons in Amipdf can be the fault of a bad card or bad monitor settings ?
Strange, no ?
On the same monitor, with my Peg, no problem, notice the no vertical bars in this grab
http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Pegasos/06_AOS41_General.jpg

I take the opportunity to ask how to make a bootable CD to reinstall AOS4 ?
From the x1000,
1) I put all the Install iso image drawers (including hidden drawers) in a directory
2) I put the new radeon driver in the system/kickstart drawer (replacing the old one)
3) I build an iso with amigaos4 bootable option
4) finally I burn this iso image

But when I boot up the process freeze at the end of bottom horizontal bar (like with the install cd included with the x1000)

Is someone could say me where is my mistake ?

Sorry for all these newbies questions...
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

@zzd10h
Thank Trevor for the upload
Bur unfortunately it doesn't work better for me.
I still have glitches and, as you can see on the first grab above, still have these verticals bars near the close and resizes gadgets.
The vertical bars next to the close and resize gadgets are part of the newest AmigaOS theme that comes with the A1-X1000, as is the larger looking close gadget. So, those things are aren't glitches, but are being rendered the way that they should be.

Are the "other" glitches that you mentioned gone? If so, then everything is working as it should.
Do you think that these vertical bars or these disappearing buttons in Amipdf can be the fault of a bad card or bad monitor settings ?
Strange, no ?
As I said above, the vertical bars that you mention are part of the latest theme. The disappearing buttons are characteristic of synchronisation problems between CPU and GPU rendering. Bad monitor settings are unlikely, although you could try running at a lower resolution. The only possibilities are:
- Bad card
- Old graphics libraries

First, I'd like to know if the "other" glitches are still there. If not, then we're done. If they are, then I'd like to know if Trevor and/or nbache have tested the card on a vanilla AmigaOS 4.1 update 5 install, and whether it still worked properly.

BTW, I also have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 (SKU# 11166-02-20R), so I can also confirm that this particular model should work.
I take the opportunity to ask how to make a bootable CD to reinstall AOS4 ?
From the x1000,
1) I put all the Install iso image drawers (including hidden drawers) in a directory
2) I put the new radeon driver in the system/kickstart drawer (replacing the old one)
3) I build an iso with amigaos4 bootable option
4) finally I burn this iso image

But when I boot up the process freeze at the end of bottom horizontal bar (like with the install cd included with the x1000)

Is someone could say me where is my mistake ?
You need to copy the updated PCIGraphics.card too. PCIGraphics.card is responsible for identifying the graphics card and loading the correct *.chip driver. Only the latest version has the PCI IDs for the 5xxx+ series cards.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

It's a new feature, ah sorry :)

For the glitches, I still have the 3) and 4) problem

1) At the upper border (up of top workbench bar) there are some colored glitchs -> OK resolved

2) Around the gadget of windows, there are some vertical bars ... -> OK feature

3) below the tabs gadget of Ranger, there are some disgracious horizontal bars -> KO still here

4) I don't see the green arrow on AmiPDF-> KO still here

For the AmiPDF (and maybe Ranger) I don't touch at the graphical library of the original amigakit system,
And I still try many resolutions/depth with DVI and VGA...
therefore you think that it can be a physical problem on my graphic card, it is ?

Thank for your help and all your explanations,
I will try to make again a boot CD and to make a clean install with the latest drivers.
Last edited by zzd10h on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

OK I re-installed my HD5450. and do not get any gfx corruption with the latest drivers on my beta test system.

I then reverted to my "First contact" system with the earlier 0.53 drivers and still do not have any of the graphic glitches you describe.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

Therefore it's possible that my card has a problem (because the monitor works with my peg) ?

I will try to remove the glue between the card and the PCI-E slot, maybe it causes the problem...

Thank Trevor for your confirmation.
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

No success, still have glitches in Ranger and AmiPDF (and TuneNet too have the buttons who are half displayed)

I have tried this actions

1) Unplug/Plug the card => no improvements

2) change PCI-E slots => no improvements

3) Burn an install CD and boot on it with the last RadeonHD and PCIGraphics modules,
In the first window (Choose locale Pref) the button are as in Ranger => no improvements

4) Test in DVI and VGA => no differences

No luck for my first Contact with x1000 ;)
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

zzd10h wrote:No success, still have glitches in Ranger and AmiPDF (and TuneNet too have the buttons who are half displayed)

[.....]

Have you tried the card in a PC?

Or you could try the card with Linux and see if the glitches are there also. It does sound to me like you may have a slightly faulty card. You need to rule that out.

Regards
Darren
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

I don't have PC (just an iMac) therefore I can't test this card outside the x1000.

But you are right, it's the occasion to try Linux on x1000.
Have to buy a CF card and install it.
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

daz wrote:
zzd10h wrote:No success, still have glitches in Ranger and AmiPDF (and TuneNet too have the buttons who are half displayed)

[.....]

Have you tried the card in a PC?

Or you could try the card with Linux and see if the glitches are there also. It does sound to me like you may have a slightly faulty card. You need to rule that out.
Just because it works in a PC doesn't mean that the card is okay. AFAIK, AmigaOS does more CPU based rendering than Windows and Linux do, so it could easily look like it's working just fine. Their drivers can also use GART, which changes timings as well. GART is still on the to-do list, along with a heap of other things.

@zzd10h

I was going to ask you for your card's SKU#, but I see that it's supplied by AmigaKit. So, it will be the same one that Trevor and I have. Trying a replacement is the best bet, IMHO.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Hans wrote:First, I'd like to know if the "other" glitches are still there. If not, then we're done. If they are, then I'd like to know if Trevor and/or nbache have tested the card on a vanilla AmigaOS 4.1 update 5 install, and whether it still worked properly.
I have checked it with my FC Update 5 partition, vanilla(ish) plus v0.54 of RadeonHD.chip. None of the mentioned problems.

I was wondering whether it could be a lack of WB pens or something? It does look like certain colors are invisble, e.g. in the AmiPDF buttons (green). And maybe the clicktab rendering glitches are also related to missing colors?

Best regards,

Niels