A-EON Website registration

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
musa

Re: A-EON Website registration

Post by musa »

How could I forget to look in the spam folder. How embarrassing to forget it. :oops:
Everything works and is logged on to A-EON with no problems and downloaded the drivers and others.
Thank you and sorry I forgot to look in the spam folder.
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Hm, nothing anywhere.
Over a week now, should I try again or wait for further notice here?
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
elginseam

Post by elginseam »

I too have tried to register and had no response. The first time about 2 or 3 weeks ago and again last Friday 13th. Both times using FireFox on a PC.
There is nothing in any spam/ junk folders.

Will try again today using OWB on my X1000 and will double check the serial number on the mother board. I previously used the serial number from Amigakit's email when they sent out my X1000.
A1000; A1200; A1500; Sam440ep 667MHz OS4.1; AmigaOne X1000
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

I have found that my ISP auto filters emails and does'nt show them in my email client.
I have login to the web interface to see them, after 10 years, you can imagine all lost emails I have missed.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Christopher Follett wrote:I have found that my ISP auto filters emails and does'nt show them in my email client.
I have login to the web interface to see them, after 10 years, you can imagine all lost emails I have missed.
Mine does the same (well, I can select and deselect it at will), but I subscribe to a daily mail with a listing what is in my server side spam folder, and in the web interface I can set how long the spam is kept before deletion. So if I spot something important in the daily spam listing, I can just go to the web interface and "un-spam" it and move it to my in folder, so I get it at the next fetch.

Check if yours offers something similar, it works really well for me. Mind you, my ISP (TDC) has a really good spam filter; it is actually quite rare to find any false positives I have to rescue, and even rarer to get spam which should have been caught.

FWIW, I just got my A-Eon registration mail today, and it wasn't in the spam folder.

Best regards,

Niels
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Christopher Follett wrote:I have found that my ISP auto filters emails and does'nt show them in my email client.
That would explain a lot.

Many people have been complaining that AmigaKit is not responding to them. Perhaps this is all due to an overaggressive spam filter at your ISP.

I had a similar problem with my ISP earlier this year. The ISP has been turning up the knob on the filter to save themselves from spam but at the expense of legit emails disappearing.

You might want to post a "Sorry" message on AmigaKit's web site if this is the case...
ExecSG Team Lead
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

ssolie wrote:
That would explain a lot.

Many people have been complaining that AmigaKit is not responding to them. Perhaps this is all due to an overaggressive spam filter at your ISP.

I had a similar problem with my ISP earlier this year. The ISP has been turning up the knob on the filter to save themselves from spam but at the expense of legit emails disappearing.

You might want to post a "Sorry" message on AmigaKit's web site if this is the case...
I have witnessed amigakit email 6 emails to the same customer.
I mean once, fair enough, but six times. One must get through.

I had over 10,000 emails filtered. As soon as I saw them, I decided sod that, mass delete, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
Simon

Post by Simon »

Christopher Follett wrote:I had over 10,000 emails filtered. As soon as I saw them, I decided sod that, mass delete, ;).
So should I resubmit my registration request then?
AmigaOne XE-G4 @933Mhz / 1 GB Ram / Radeon 9000 128 MB / AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne X1000 First Contact / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 4650 1 GB / M-Audio Revo 5.1 / AmigaOS 4.1
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Simon wrote:
Christopher Follett wrote:I had over 10,000 emails filtered. As soon as I saw them, I decided sod that, mass delete, ;).
Do you feel lucky? :mrgreen:
ExecSG Team Lead
Simon

Post by Simon »

ssolie wrote:
Simon wrote:
Do you feel lucky? :mrgreen:
Well, I've taken quite a few 'leaps of faith' throughout my Amiga owning years. Probably just like the majority of people here. ;)
AmigaOne XE-G4 @933Mhz / 1 GB Ram / Radeon 9000 128 MB / AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne X1000 First Contact / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 4650 1 GB / M-Audio Revo 5.1 / AmigaOS 4.1