VLC configuration problems

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

VLC configuration problems

Post by Roland »

I have tried to run some network streams with VLC 3.0.4 (in Fienix). The problem is that VLC is not able to automatically choose from 'multiple streams' the correct resolution/bitrate. It always chooses 1280x720/50fps, which is too much for my X5000/20 (not enough CPU power to show the stream smoothly). How could I limit this to 1280x720/25fps, which is the optimal value? I have not been able localize from the settings menu any way to limit the fps value... The 'preferred resolution' selection there does not have any effect, not even to the resolution.

Via "Edit options" input line I have tested the different options of ":adaptive-logic={predictive,nearoptimal,rate,fixedrate,lowest,highest}", but none of them gives me the wanted resolution/fps. With 'fixedrate' I can get about 900x600/25fps screen, which is closest to the optimum I have so far reached.

I would also like to know, how could I run automatically some options like the above one, each time VLC is opened from icon? The settings file of VLC seems to be a simple .txt file, so it can be edited easily. Can you just add there a line like ":adaptive-logic=fixedrate', does it work work that way...?
- Roland -