Where are Mate Control Center setting stored?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

Where are Mate Control Center setting stored?

Post by Roland »

I would like to know... Where does 'Mate' keep the settings adjusted via Control Center? Are all the preferences tools saving the settings to a common file, or is there an indivdual file for each of them? Are they recognizable by the file name, or are they using some abstract code name? I would especially need to know where the 'Power Mangement' settings are kept.
- Roland -
caseycullen

Re: Where are Mate Control Center setting stored?

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:I would like to know... Where does 'Mate' keep the settings adjusted via Control Center? Are all the preferences tools saving the settings to a common file, or is there an indivdual file for each of them? Are they recognizable by the file name, or are they using some abstract code name? I would especially need to know where the 'Power Mangement' settings are kept.
Most MATE settings are stored in dconf. For Power Manager it's probably something like org.mate.powermanager. Use dconf-editor.
-Casey
Roland

Re: Where are Mate Control Center setting stored?

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:
Roland wrote:I would like to know... Where does 'Mate' keep the settings adjusted via Control Center? Are all the preferences tools saving the settings to a common file, or is there an indivdual file for each of them? Are they recognizable by the file name, or are they using some abstract code name? I would especially need to know where the 'Power Mangement' settings are kept.
Most MATE settings are stored in dconf. For Power Manager it's probably something like org.mate.powermanager. Use dconf-editor.
-Casey
I did some testing with dconf... The setting respective to "Display - Put display to sleep when inactive for:" is in dconf 'powermanager/sleep-display-ac'. A change made in either editor can be seen in the other.

But the strange thing now is that this setting has not any effect on my ordinary user account! The real delay is somehow locked to one value, independent of the setting or by which of the two ways I change it. The default value in dconf is '1800' (sec), but it does not match that either.

On the other hand, in the 'root' account this setting works normally. How could I fix this? Should I try to copy the dconf file from 'root' to 'user', and see what happens...?
- Roland -