Arctic Fox

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Post by xeno74 »

Many thanks for testing! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Arctic Fox running fine on the AmigaOne X5000! Thanks!!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

Delighted to discover that I am able to get Arctic Fox in my fienix install and post to Hyperion Entertainment Message Boards from it. But I wonder whether I really did it the right or sensible way.

I went ahead and Engramped it without downloading first as I usually do, and found its folder along with Desktop, Documents, etc. in fienix's Home. Should I leave it there? I sort of expected its files to get spread all over the place like Firefox proper's when I ran run-mozill.sh.

In any event I assume I will be able to move its starter icon to the desktop and/or Menu > Internet?
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

You can install from the repository using Synaptic.
-Casey
kilaueabart wrote:Delighted to discover that I am able to get Arctic Fox in my fienix install and post to Hyperion Entertainment Message Boards from it. But I wonder whether I really did it the right or sensible way.

I went ahead and Engramped it without downloading first as I usually do, and found its folder along with Desktop, Documents, etc. in fienix's Home. Should I leave it there? I sort of expected its files to get spread all over the place like Firefox proper's when I ran run-mozill.sh.

In any event I assume I will be able to move its starter icon to the desktop and/or Menu > Internet?
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

caseycullen wrote:You can install from the repository using Synaptic.
Aha! That was fun! Took me a while to find the repository, and awhile longer to figure out how to use it, but this Arctic Fox came up from Menu>Internet>Arctic Fox.

When it came up, Hyperion wasn't on the Toolboard, where I had put it as a Bookmark before I read your post. That wasn't surprising, as this is a new install. But oddly when I searched Hyperion, it suddenly appeared. That makes me wonder whether the Bookmark was remembered in my Home > Arctic Fox folder, and will disappear as soon as I delete that folder in a moment, but no matter. I know how easily I can get it back.

I'm finding lots of things I can do in Fienix that I can't in MATE. You're my hero. Happy New Year.
Bart
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Arctic Fox 27.9.13:

Roland

Post by Roland »

There is some problem in Arctic Fox Bookmarks... I exported from Firefox ESR the bookmarks into a html file, and imported them via the Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks window. The bookmarks were not automatically organized as they were in Firefox, but they were at least there. When I then moved the imported bookmark folders into the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' folder (where they were originally in Firefox), they did not appear at all on the Toolbar (and yes, the "View/Toolbars/Bookmarks Toolbar" menui tem IS ticked!). The "Bookmarks/Bookmarks Toolbar" menu did not show anything, either.

I also tried to create totally new folders into the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' folder, but they were not shown in the Toolbar, either. Only if I dropped single bookmarks there, they were shown but not any folder... What is causing this problem, and is there any fix for it...?
- Roland -
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Hi Roland,

Thanks for reporting the issues with the bookmarks! :-)

We only compile Arctic Fox for Non-AltiVec PowerPC machines so please report these issues to the developers.

You can reach them in the following thread: forums.macrumors.com.

Thanks,
Christian

Roland

Post by Roland »

xeno74 wrote:We only compile Arctic Fox for Non-AltiVec PowerPC machines so please report these issues to the developers.

You can reach them in the following thread: forums.macrumors.com.
Thanks for the link! But before I report the problem, could you and other users confirm whether you have the same problem? That is, no menus shown in the Bookmarks Toolbar, even if there are subfolders in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder (shown in 'Organize Bookmarks' window)?
- Roland -
Roland

Post by Roland »

@ All Arctic Fox users

Once again: could you PLEASE test whether the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' works for you, like it does in Firefox? Can you get there menutitles with working bookmarks under them? There is no idea of me to report this problem further if it is only in my system....
- Roland -