Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Postby caseycullen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:12 pm

caseycullen wrote:
xeno74 wrote:SpiderWeb 2.1.0 is now available. This release sits on top of the current UXP-28.6.1 code base.

Download

Christian / All,
Could you please try installing Greasemonkey 3.10 with SpiderWeb? It seems to install for me, but scripts like ViewTube will not install. When I try to do so the dialog window appears, but clicking "Install" does nothing.
-Casey


Update: Matt responded "Yeah i havent found a 100% working one yet. Take a look at this post for a work-a-round for now. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/pa ... t-27624889"

I will be putting together a deb package for Fienix with Greasemonkey 3.10, ViewTube, and ViewTube+ that will automatically install the scripts into the right place.

-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Postby xeno74 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:31 pm

caseycullen wrote:Update: Matt responded "Yeah i havent found a 100% working one yet. Take a look at this post for a work-a-round for now. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/pa ... t-27624889"

I will be putting together a deb package for Fienix with Greasemonkey 3.10, ViewTube, and ViewTube+ that will automatically install the scripts into the right place.

-Casey


Good to know! I am looking forward to getting your modified SpiderWeb version!
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Postby caseycullen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 am

Good News: Greasemonkey and ViewTube work with Spiderweb.
Bad News: I can't package the ViewTube scripts.

Workaround: If you don't already have it installed, install SpiderWeb 2.1.0-2fienix, which will also install Greasemonkey 3.10.
Download and extract this folder - "gm_scripts".
Open to your home folder and show hidden files (View > Show Hidden Files).
Open .wicknix > spiderweb, and open the folder ending in .default.
Copy the extracted "gm_scripts" folder you downloaded into this folder.

Make sure Greasemonkey is enabled (open SpiderWeb; Tools > Add-ons Manager > Extensions).

-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Postby xeno74 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:21 pm

caseycullen wrote:Good News: Greasemonkey and ViewTube work with Spiderweb.
Bad News: I can't package the ViewTube scripts.

Workaround: If you don't already have it installed, install SpiderWeb 2.1.0-2fienix, which will also install Greasemonkey 3.10.
Download and extract this folder - "gm_scripts".
Open to your home folder and show hidden files (View > Show Hidden Files).
Open .wicknix > spiderweb, and open the folder ending in .default.
Copy the extracted "gm_scripts" folder you downloaded into this folder.

Make sure Greasemonkey is enabled (open SpiderWeb; Tools > Add-ons Manager > Extensions).

-Casey


Hi Casey,

Thanks a lot for your work! :-) I successfully installed SpiderWeb 2.1.0 via your repository on Fienix today. Unfortunately it installed Greasemonkey 3.8. I had to download and install Greasemonkey 3.10 from the SpiderWeb addons site. After that I downloaded and extracted your "gm_scripts" and copied them to the folder .wicknix/spiderweb. Now I can watch YouTube videos with SpiderWeb! :-)

Cheers,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Arctic Fox 27.9.12 (Firefox 63.0) a fork of Pale Moon

Postby caseycullen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:12 pm

xeno74 wrote:Hi Casey,

Thanks a lot for your work! :-) I successfully installed SpiderWeb 2.1.0 via your repository on Fienix today. Unfortunately it installed Greasemonkey 3.8. I had to download and install Greasemonkey 3.10 from the SpiderWeb addons site. After that I downloaded and extracted your "gm_scripts" and copied them to the folder .wicknix/spiderweb. Now I can watch YouTube videos with SpiderWeb! :-)

Cheers,
Christian

Glad you got it to work! I'll have to look at why the repository installed 2.8 instead of 3.10...
Thanks for testing it out!
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Previous

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest