Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Roland wrote:There was still a dependency problem:

Code: Select all
network-manager depends on libnm0 (= 1.20.2-1); however:
  Version of libnm0:powerpc on system is 1.14.6-2.



Please install the latest libnm0.

Download: libnm0_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:40 pm

xeno74 wrote:Please install the latest libnm0.

Download: libnm0_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb


Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:51 pm

Roland wrote:Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.


Great! :-)

@Casey
Could you please add the following packages to the Fienix repository?


Thanks
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:57 pm

xeno74 wrote:
Roland wrote:Thanks, with that the whole installation advanced normally! Network is also working now :-).

Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.


Great! :-)

@Casey
Could you please add the following packages to the Fienix repository?


Thanks

Absolutely, I'll add them tonight.
Do you think these should be included in the base install?
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 pm

Roland wrote:Run also all the available updates for Fienix... Only some Python packages seemed to have dependency problems and were not configured.

I noticed this also. I ran "dpkg --configure -a" right after the upgrade and it fixed all the issues, so I'm having a hard time figuring out why they're happening in the first place. Try running "dpkg --configure -a" as su if you still have unconfigured packages.
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm

caseycullen wrote:I noticed this also. I ran "dpkg --configure -a" right after the upgrade and it fixed all the issues, so I'm having a hard time figuring out why they're happening in the first place. Try running "dpkg --configure -a" as su if you still have unconfigured packages.
-Casey


Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:46 am

Roland wrote:Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.

Have you updated your kernel? The only one I've found to have that issue is 4.19.65. Maybe try 5.3? Do you know how to upgrade your kernel? I can give you a step-by-step if you want to try!
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:53 am



These packages have all been added.
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 am

caseycullen wrote:
Roland wrote:Unfortunately Mate terminal does not start anymore after the latest updates... How can I get the PangoTerm you mentioned? It was not in the Fienix depot.

Have you updated your kernel? The only one I've found to have that issue is 4.19.65. Maybe try 5.3? Do you know how to upgrade your kernel? I can give you a step-by-step if you want to try!


I was using 4.19.53. Tested now 4.20.17, it does not have the therminal issue! I think there is not yet an initrd for 5.3, so I will use 4.20 as it works with the initrd for 4.19. I prefer to operate with the partition labels...
Last edited by Roland on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am

caseycullen wrote:


These packages have all been added.
-Casey


Fine! IMHO network manager should definitely be in the base install as it seems to solve the network problems.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests