Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:08 pm

caseycullen wrote:There have been several upgrades to Fienix, including to MATE 1.22. However, it seems there is a problem with MATE-Terminal. It launches and immediately quits but I cannot seem to get an error. Please confirm if you have this issue. If you have a basic Debian sid installation, please let me know if you have this issue with that installation. You may install PangoTerm in the meantime.


Hi Casey,

Many thanks for the updates! I was able to install them today. MATE 1.22.1, Mesa 19.1.6, Quake-HD-Redux, and the MATE-Terminal work without any problems! :-)

Screenshot:

Image

Cheers,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:25 pm

xeno74 wrote:
caseycullen wrote:There have been several upgrades to Fienix, including to MATE 1.22. However, it seems there is a problem with MATE-Terminal. It launches and immediately quits but I cannot seem to get an error. Please confirm if you have this issue. If you have a basic Debian sid installation, please let me know if you have this issue with that installation. You may install PangoTerm in the meantime.


Hi Casey,

Many thanks for the updates! I was able to install them today. MATE 1.22.1, Mesa 19.1.6, Quake-HD-Redux, and the MATE-Terminal work without any problems! :-)

Screenshot:

Image

Cheers,
Christian

Wonderful, thank you for testing!
-Casey
caseycullen
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby caseycullen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:38 pm

@Christian - you asked for a few packages and a PATH correction but I can't find the comment - can you repost please?
caseycullen
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:44 pm

caseycullen wrote:@Christian - you asked for a few packages and a PATH correction but I can't find the comment - can you repost please?


Here you are:

xeno74 wrote:
caseycullen wrote:I just released Arctic Fox 27.9.18 in the Fienix Software Repository. See Fienix News.
Also, an issue with the Greasemonkey package has been fixed. Please test installing/reinstalling Greasemonkey from the repository.
Let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks!
Casey


Hi Casey,

Many thanks for Arctic Fox 27.9.18. I successfully installed it today and it works. I updated Greasemonkey as well and it also works. :-)

Screenshot:

Image

Could you please add the NetworkManager Applet and the firmware-misc-nonfree package to your repository?

You need the following packages:

  • firmware-misc-nonfree_20190717-2_all.deb
  • network-manager-gnome_1.8.22-2_powerpc.deb
  • libnma0_1.8.22-2_powerpc.deb

Additionally please add /sbin to the PATH variable (export PATH=$PATH:/sbin).

Thanks,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 pm

How could I 'reset' the network settings in Fienix? I tested for a short time a different network connection type (Sagemcom F-3686ACv2) with Fienix, and now when I switched back to to the old connection (with Huawei B315) it does not work at all (no connection). I did not do any changes in network settings myself.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:48 am

I cannot get ANY network connection to work anymore! There is during bootup this kind of error message: 'failed raise network connections'.

How can this be fixed?! Fienix is now quite useless :-(.

BTW, just before these problems started, I tried to update Greasemonkey. For some reaseon it did not quite work as the version did not change (still 3.8) but as there were quite a many packages needed with it, maybe some of them caused this problem? I removed now Greasemonkey totally but it did not solve the network issue.

So, please, tell me how to reconfigure the network again...?
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:00 am

Roland wrote:How could I 'reset' the network settings in Fienix? I tested for a short time a different network connection type (Sagemcom F-3686ACv2) with Fienix, and now when I switched back to to the old connection (with Huawei B315) it does not work at all (no connection). I did not do any changes in network settings myself.


Hi Roland,

Please download and install the NetworkManager applet.

Downloads:


You can install it with dpkg -i as root. After that you can easily configure your network connections with the Network manager applet. (Network symbol at the right upper corner)

If you want to use WLAN then please install the package firmware-misc-nonfree_20190717-2_all.deb additionally.

Casey will add the NetworkManager applet to his repository soon.

Thanks,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:39 am

xeno74 wrote:[Please download and install the NetworkManager applet.

Downloads:

You can install it with dpkg -i as root. After that you can easy configure your network connections with the Network manager applet. (Network symbol at the right upper corner)


Thanks for the tip! I tried to install it, first the libnma0 and then the manager-applet, but there were some problems:

Code: Select all
root@Fienix:/media/NTFS1# dpkg -i network-manager-gnome_1.8.22-2_powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 229202 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack network-manager-gnome_1.8.22-2_powerpc.deb ...
Unpacking network-manager-gnome (1.8.22-2) over (1.8.22-2) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of network-manager-gnome:
 network-manager-gnome depends on network-manager (>= 1.8); however:
  Package network-manager is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package network-manager-gnome (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.62) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.4-1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-4) ...
Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:powerpc (2.60.6-2) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 network-manager-gnome


The network symbol did not appear at the corner. I also run the installation second time but it did not change anything.

What should I try now...?
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby xeno74 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:45 am

Roland wrote:What should I try now...?


Please try to install the NetworkManager.

Download: network-manager_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb

After that install the libnma0 and then the NetworkManager applet.

-- Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Postby Roland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:58 pm

xeno74 wrote:[Please try to install the NetworkManager.

Download: network-manager_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb

After that install the libnma0 and then the NetworkManager applet.


There was still a dependency problem:

Code: Select all
rroot@Fienix: dpkg -i '/media/NTFS1/network-manager_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb'
(Reading database ... 229335 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../network-manager_1.20.2-1_powerpc.deb ...
Unpacking network-manager (1.20.2-1) over (1.20.2-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of network-manager:
 network-manager depends on libnm0 (= 1.20.2-1); however:
  Version of libnm0:powerpc on system is 1.14.6-2.

dpkg: error processing package network-manager (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for systemd (242-7) ...
Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.16-1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 network-manager
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests

cron