Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Post by xeno74 »

caseycullen wrote:The following dependency issues should be fixed in Fienix:
Darkplaces engine (also Darkplaces engine based games like RetroBlazer, Xonotic, Quake-HD-Redux)
SMPlayer and MPlayer (for cards with hardware acceleration I suggest setting Output Driver to gl (fast - ATI cards), enable direct rendering, 3 threads for decoding, and vaapi hardware decoding)
Firefox
Please test them and let me know the results.
Now working on Gimp and Blender.
-Casey
Firefox 47.0 works! :-) Thank you! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!
-Casey
xeno74 wrote:Firefox 47.0 works! :-) Thank you! :-)
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

caseycullen wrote:That error means your computer could not connect to my server. I've checked connectivity and it appears to be OK. Could you try again please? Maybe there was a temporary issue...
OK, today I got Firefox. Mystery #1: It says it's 47.0. I thought that is what I have on Ubuntu, but this Firefox comes up with no "Your Firefox is terribly out of date, upgrade immediately!" message.
Mystery #2: I thought I needed this Firefox because every time I tried to download anything with ESR, ESR disappeared from the screen. But today I discovered that the things I wanted to download (e.g., photos from Gmail) are in Downloads after all!

Had another go at MPlayer and SMPlayer: More mysteries. Can't get SMPlayer because of a broken package. The broken package turns out to be SMPlayer, and if I click on it and then on Edit > Fix broken packages, I get this kind of complaint:

Code: Select all

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
But not always exactly the same.
As for MPlayer proper, one missing Depend is libmng2, uninstallable apparently because it's not listed in Synaptic. There seem to be some other (mysterious) Depend problems.
My upgrade requests are rejected: "Fix broken packages first," but the Broken button lists only SMPlayer.
acefnq

Post by acefnq »

Casey
I have the same issues with MPlayer and SMPlayer. Funny things is MPV works fine which is based on Mplayer and of course we have VLC so I wouldn't worry too much, it's just we get greedy -:) All the games based on Darkplaces work fine now. Thanks for working hard to get them going.

ace
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

I was able to install Arctic Fox via the Fienix repository today. Arctic Fox works without any problems! Thank you!

-- Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Hi- thanks for the information. Please try SMPlayer and MPlayer again, I think I got it this time :)
-Casey
kilaueabart wrote:
caseycullen wrote:That error means your computer could not connect to my server. I've checked connectivity and it appears to be OK. Could you try again please? Maybe there was a temporary issue...
OK, today I got Firefox. Mystery #1: It says it's 47.0. I thought that is what I have on Ubuntu, but this Firefox comes up with no "Your Firefox is terribly out of date, upgrade immediately!" message.
Mystery #2: I thought I needed this Firefox because every time I tried to download anything with ESR, ESR disappeared from the screen. But today I discovered that the things I wanted to download (e.g., photos from Gmail) are in Downloads after all!

Had another go at MPlayer and SMPlayer: More mysteries. Can't get SMPlayer because of a broken package. The broken package turns out to be SMPlayer, and if I click on it and then on Edit > Fix broken packages, I get this kind of complaint:

Code: Select all

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
But not always exactly the same.
As for MPlayer proper, one missing Depend is libmng2, uninstallable apparently because it's not listed in Synaptic. There seem to be some other (mysterious) Depend problems.
My upgrade requests are rejected: "Fix broken packages first," but the Broken button lists only SMPlayer.
acefnq

Post by acefnq »

Casey
Still no go with SMPayer. Log attached. Cheers ace

/usr/bin/mplayer --no-config --no-quiet --terminal --no-msg-color --input-file=/dev/stdin --no-fs --hwdec=no --sub-auto=fuzzy --no-input-default-bindings --input-x11-keyboard=no --no-input-cursor --cursor-autohide=no --no-keepaspect --wid=6291480 --monitorpixelaspect=1 --osd-level=1 --osd-scale=1 --sub-ass --embeddedfonts --ass-line-spacing=0 --sub-scale=1 --sub-text-shadow-color=#ff000000 --sub-codepage=ISO-8859-1 --sub-pos=100 --volume=55 --cache=auto --screenshot-template=cap_%F_%p_%02n --screenshot-format=jpg --softvol=yes --softvol-max=110 --term-playing-msg=MPV_VERSION=${=mpv-version:}
INFO_VIDEO_WIDTH=${=width}
INFO_VIDEO_HEIGHT=${=height}
INFO_VIDEO_ASPECT=${=video-aspect}
INFO_VIDEO_FPS=${=container-fps:${=fps}}
INFO_VIDEO_FORMAT=${=video-format}
INFO_VIDEO_CODEC=${=video-codec}
INFO_AUDIO_FORMAT=${=audio-codec-name}
INFO_AUDIO_CODEC=${=audio-codec}
INFO_AUDIO_RATE=${=audio-params/samplerate}
INFO_AUDIO_NCH=${=audio-params/channel-count}
INFO_LENGTH=${=duration:${=length}}
INFO_DEMUXER=${=current-demuxer:${=demuxer}}
INFO_SEEKABLE=${=seekable}
INFO_TITLES=${=disc-titles}
INFO_CHAPTERS=${=chapters}
INFO_TRACKS_COUNT=${=track-list/count}
METADATA_TITLE=${metadata/by-key/title:}
METADATA_ARTIST=${metadata/by-key/artist:}
METADATA_ALBUM=${metadata/by-key/album:}
METADATA_GENRE=${metadata/by-key/genre:}
METADATA_DATE=${metadata/by-key/date:}
METADATA_TRACK=${metadata/by-key/track:}
METADATA_COPYRIGHT=${metadata/by-key/copyright:}
INFO_MEDIA_TITLE=${=media-title:}
INFO_STREAM_PATH=${stream-path}
--audio-client-name=SMPlayer --term-status-msg=STATUS: ${=time-pos} / ${=duration:${=length:0}} P: ${=pause} B: ${=paused-for-cache} I: ${=core-idle} VB: ${=video-bitrate:0} AB: ${=audio-bitrate:0} /home/allan/Videos/3 Doors Down - Here Without You.mp4
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

kilaueabart wrote:I really appreciate your kind and detailed help, Casey.
caseycullen wrote: 1) I haven't experienced this or heard it from anyone else yet. If you can include the picture it might help. What video card are you using?
I thought I had posted the picture, but apparently not, so here:
IMG_20181211_143335297_BURST001(1).jpg
Hard to get good photo with light behind me reflected. This screen comes up, then a text cursor right in the middle. If I use the mouse, it turns to arrow and moves around. Apparently the best thing for me to do is wait a bit and hit Enter. The screen will turn black and a log-in thing will appear.

I guess this is my video card: Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750/8740 / R7 250E]
That's a southern Islands card, and uses the radeonsi mesa driver. This is known not to function on Big-Endian systems (i.e PowerPC) You'll probably find your kernel logs full of 'ring 0 stalled for more than 10084msec - GPU lockup [...] type messages as glamor tries to start the card up.

Until it's fixed you'll just have to put up with it.

Regards
Darren
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

daz wrote:
kilaueabart wrote: I guess this is my video card: Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750/8740 / R7 250E]
That's a southern Islands card, and uses the radeonsi mesa driver. This is known not to function on Big-Endian systems (i.e PowerPC) You'll probably find your kernel logs full of 'ring 0 stalled for more than 10084msec - GPU lockup [...] type messages as glamor tries to start the card up.
Darren
The only references to any ring # look like these:
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 0.751214] radeon 0000:01:00.0: WB enabled
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 0.751223] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 0 use gpu addr 0x0000000040000c00 and cpu addr 0x(____ptrval____)
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 0.751234] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 1 use gpu addr 0x0000000040000c04 and cpu addr 0x(____ptrval____)
and these:
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 0.773742] [drm] radeon: irq initialized.
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 1.248475] [drm] ring test on 0 succeeded in 1 usecs
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 1.248486] [drm] ring test on 1 succeeded in 1 usecs
Dec 25 09:49:19 X5000 kernel: [ 1.248495] [drm] ring test on 2...

I took it for granted that Amiga on the Lake would have put in an appropriate card. I guess I'll try to figure out how to fix it.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

SMPlayer should be fixed in the Fienix repo. If you can try to install it please let me know.
-Casey