How do I enable 2 or more buttons on USB gamepad?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
simulant

How do I enable 2 or more buttons on USB gamepad?

Post by simulant »

Hi I've been trying some classic titles on the X5000 using WHDload games with RunInUAE, it mostly works great other than there are quite a few games that I know should have 2 or more independent fire buttons supported.

Such as Street Fighter 2 Turbo or some CD32 titles...

There is a big thread here that lists more of the 2 button+ games that should work: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57540

Everything seems to just use 1 fire button and only one seems to work on my generic usb gamepad (playstation PC style type).

Is there a way to set up the pad so that I can get more buttons working?

I tried going to AmigaInput in Preferences and clicking USB > Test Calibrate but it just gives a popup saying "This AmigaInput unit is not configurable"

Thanks again for any help :)
ZeroG

Re: How do I enable 2 or more buttons on USB gamepad?

Post by ZeroG »

Did you visit the Lowlevel-Tab in AmigaInput?
simulant

Re: How do I enable 2 or more buttons on USB gamepad?

Post by simulant »

ZeroG wrote:Did you visit the Lowlevel-Tab in AmigaInput?
Hi thanks, I have gone in there but I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do to set anything up.

Everything is greyed out but I can click "Choose a lowlevel.library port..." but whatever I choose under Port 0, 1, 2 or 3 for gamepad or joystick I can't select anything for button remapping.

:?

** EDIT **

Ah ok so after playing with the options a bit more and clicking things I can see I can click Generic_USB_Joystick in the Drivers list and then click "Assign", now I have the remap options up so I'll try that. Thanks again