6 Problems I hope to please fix with your help :)

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
simulant

Re: 6 Problems I hope to please fix with your help :)

Post by simulant »

Roland wrote:
simulant wrote: Thanks Roland that gives me hope. Where did you get the cli utility from or do you know how I might be able to get the serial port working as an "old-school" Amiga serial port?
It was from Aminet (http://aminet.net/package/comm/misc/DigiCam), but it may be useful only with Digi Cameras.

Have you tested you wifi gadget also with classic machines? How is it accessed, is there any Amiga software included?

There is an older thread on this forum about the serial port of X5000 (http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com ... erial+port). There is mentioned one limitation which might affect your wifi modem, too.

PS. About the USB problems: do have any external USB 2 hubs around? Sometimes they can help in this kind of issues...
Hi thanks I've tried a usb hub now and it seems a bit better, but I still have to occasionally reset the machine if the keyboard stops working. Is there anywhere I can submit debug data to the devs to get the keyboard to be more reliable?

The rs232 wifi modem works great with classic machines, I actually make them up and sell them on our online shop (see signature link), they work on pretty much all retro computers with rs232 and use the Zimodem firmware. There is no software with them, you just use standard AT commands in terminal software such as Term on the Amiga.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

simulant wrote:I've managed to mount my NAS which is great however I can't seem to mount my other linux computer (which mounts fine on my other computers...). I've compared the NAS smb.conf to the linux box's smb.conf and it seems to be set up the same so I'm puzzled why I can mount one and not the other. Is there anyway to diagnose issues? Currently I just get the error "Unable to mount share for unknown reason" in smbmounter.
I have the same problem myself. I used to be able to connect to my Linux Debian Samba server from the Amiga, but recently I can't, only to the NAS. Connecting to Windows (7 Pro) shares hasn't worked for a long time.

I think it is a question of the SMB servers (Samba on Linux, Windows' own SMB protocol on Windows) no longer wanting to allow the older versions of the protocol to access, or at least not without explicitly setting that up somewhere.

Personally, I'm living with it and using the NAS as a go-between in the few cases where I need to copy stuff to the Linux or Windows machines. But I'd be interested in a solution, of course.

Best regards,

Niels

Edit: Oh dear, seems you got me set off there.

I took another round with Google and my smb.conf on the server, and now I can access it from the Amiga again :-).

I added the following two lines to /etc/samba/smb.conf in the global section:

min protocol = NT1
ntlm auth = yes

Of course this reduces the security, so you probably wouldn't want to do it on a server which is visible from the outside.

Best regards,

Niels
simulant

Post by simulant »

nbache wrote:
simulant wrote: Edit: Oh dear, seems you got me set off there.

I took another round with Google and my smb.conf on the server, and now I can access it from the Amiga again :-).

I added the following two lines to /etc/samba/smb.conf in the global section:

min protocol = NT1
ntlm auth = yes

Of course this reduces the security, so you probably wouldn't want to do it on a server which is visible from the outside.
Niels you have really helped me out here :) You're correct - it seems to be just that one of my servers is allowing the older v1 samba protocol and the other wasn't. I've now also added those extra lines in the server smb.conf and the Amiga now connect perfectly!!

Another problem fixed !! :) Thanks again :)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

simulant wrote:Niels you have really helped me out here :) You're correct - it seems to be just that one of my servers is allowing the older v1 samba protocol and the other wasn't. I've now also added those extra lines in the server smb.conf and the Amiga now connect perfectly!!

Another problem fixed !! :) Thanks again :)
You're welcome - and thank you back for asking, because it led me to search once more for a solution to a problem that had bugged me for a whlie as well :-).

Best regards,

Niels
simulant

Post by simulant »

Again, thanks for the help so far.

so does anyone know how I can fix my screen resolution issue and get full 2560x1440 or submit my monitor specs somewhere to devs to get it added please?

Thanks for any help