Page 2 of 4

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm
by tonyw
Yes, "NGF\00" is it, there is no other. Like older file systems, NGFS uses the first three bytes of the identifier for the type ("NGF"), and the last byte for the version on the disk (in other words, which file system version wrote the system instance on the disk volume. So far there is only the one version, "00", which has existed since 2012. One day I might clean up the data structures on the disk, making them all incompatible, then it will become "NGF\01".

You should find documentation in Documentation/NGFileSystem on an X5000 or Tabor system.

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:46 pm
by Tijatjj
Thank you kind of a stupid question but needed to ask

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:19 pm
by smf
tonyw wrote:
daveyw wrote:I recommend using at least 1 non-boot SFS/02 partition, as some applications don't like being run from NGFS (Odyssey, Amicygnix, I think Timberwolf).


I must protest Davey! All those applications work just fine on an NGFS partition. Were it not so, I would have fixed it.



Yes you have fixed it but AFAIK no updates have been released to the end users.
So if the users are still using the same version of NGFS that was first shipped with the X5k i agree with Davey, use SFS for some applications (i remember that Odyssey needs it for sure).

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 pm
by Eroom
smf wrote:
tonyw wrote:
daveyw wrote:I recommend using at least 1 non-boot SFS/02 partition, as some applications don't like being run from NGFS (Odyssey, Amicygnix, I think Timberwolf).


I must protest Davey! All those applications work just fine on an NGFS partition. Were it not so, I would have fixed it.



Yes you have fixed it but AFAIK no updates have been released to the end users.
So if the users are still using the same version of NGFS that was first shipped with the X5k i agree with Davey, use SFS for some applications (i remember that Odyssey needs it for sure).


Have been using Odyssey on a NGFS partition for over a year now with no problems. The version on my system is 54.34 dated 09/11/2016, haven't a clue if that's the original or not.

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am
by smf
Eroom wrote:
Have been using Odyssey on a NGFS partition for over a year now with no problems. The version on my system is 54.34 dated 09/11/2016, haven't a clue if that's the original or not.


You probably just haven't noticed it :)

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3826
http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =10#p40884

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm
by tonyw
Thanks for reminding me about that fault. It was only with Timberwolf IIRC. There was never a problem with Odyssey (except for Odyssey's trick of exiting without closing its cookies file).

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pm
by smf
@Tonyw

You could call it an feature, everytime you launch odyssey it's like launching it for the first time! :D
And if you find it troublesome just install it on another partition with sfs.

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 am
by daveyw
I have seen that Odyssey can't save or retrieve cached passwords anymore, although I don't know what would cause that.

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:33 am
by Raziel
daveyw wrote:I have seen that Odyssey can't save or retrieve cached passwords anymore, although I don't know what would cause that.

Take a look at Windows/Passwords and see if "Remember" is flagged at the end.
I guess the "Password Saving" is built in, i didn't find a setting to turn it on or off.

Re: X5000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:00 am
by daveyw
Raziel wrote:
daveyw wrote:I have seen that Odyssey can't save or retrieve cached passwords anymore, although I don't know what would cause that.

Take a look at Windows/Passwords and see if "Remember" is flagged at the end.
I guess the "Password Saving" is built in, i didn't find a setting to turn it on or off.


Hmmm. when I open Windows/Passwords, it's completely blank! :o

Looks like something has gone pretty wrong. I still have Confs/passwords.db which hasn't been updated since 2015.