X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Tijatjj

X5000

Post by Tijatjj »

Hi have a question how do you check ram amount.mine is showing 2gig fast ram although I have 16.my graphics is showing 2gig which is correct.file system is the one recommended at install.how would I check this also.what would be a good monitor for this has a Radeon sff 7750 2gig with 2hdmi ,1div-l Thanks it’s the sfs/00 So So have to reinstall and change file system settings and which one thank you
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: X5000

Post by Petrol »

Hi,

Only 2Gb of RAM can be used in Workbench, but some softs specifically programmed for AmigaOS4.1FE are able to use more RAM because they're using ExtMem feature (fe: Sketchblock from Andy Broad).
Some soft are able read the amount of RAM sticks available physically (Ranger?).
File system recommended for the X5000's disks is the NGFS, you can check what FS is used for your disk in mediatoolbox or by right click on disk icon and choosing "Information".
For your Monitor, any DVI compatible monitor as I think that HDMI is not yet well supported by the driver, but I can be wrong about that.

Regards,
Xavier.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Thank you much appreciated looking all over for that
trixie

Post by trixie »

@Tijazjj
Hi have a question how do you check ram amount.mine is showing 2gig fast ram although I have 16.
Being a 32bit system, AmigaOS cannot address more than 2GB of memory. As Petrol says, the ExtMem object addition to 4.1 Final Edition allows applications to use extra memory for allocation purposes (such as the storage of large data). AFAIK the next release of the OS should feature a RAM disk that fully supports ExtMem, meaning that copying files into RAM: will no longer eat precious system memory if you have more than 2GB of RAM installed in your system.
what would be a good monitor for this has a Radeon sff 7750 2gig with 2hdmi ,1div-l
This is a pretty good one:
http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/com ... 7-8-ts-pro
You'll need to use a Dual Link cable if you want to use the highest resolution over DVI.
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Hi thanks again.i put enhancer 1.4 in 2x but it’s an older toshina monitor and I had resolution up over 2000 by whatever so it works for a little while and then freezes I think either the Radeon sff 7750 does not like the monitor or the monitor does not like being stretched that far kinda like a bad tattoo
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

Petrol wrote: File system recommended for the X5000's disks is the NGFS, you can check what FS is used for your disk in mediatoolbox or by right click on disk icon and choosing "Information".
I recommend using at least 1 non-boot SFS/02 partition, as some applications don't like being run from NGFS (Odyssey, Amicygnix, I think Timberwolf).
Petrol wrote:For your Monitor, any DVI compatible monitor as I think that HDMI is not yet well supported by the driver, but I can be wrong about that.
As I mentioned somewhere else, I managed to get HDMI working with my X5000 and Sapphire Radeon HD7850, but I have no idea how... :mrgreen:
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

daveyw wrote: I recommend using at least 1 non-boot SFS/02 partition, as some applications don't like being run from NGFS (Odyssey, Amicygnix, I think Timberwolf).
I must protest Davey! All those applications work just fine on an NGFS partition. Were it not so, I would have fixed it.

I use Odyssey not just every day but *all* day. AmiCygnix runs just fine and Timberwolf runs OK but I don't use it as it's too slow.
cheers
tony
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Thank you again I’m only reinstalling because trying to get the best thing going as for internet both seem to work very well I can’t imagine if we ever get a web browser going because my son has a Mac book pro and I can tell you the x5000 is way faster. I also had an amigaone xe I bought the enhancer for it someone recommended and said oddessy so I did. I was amazed at how fast if you blinked you missed It loading a webpage I should have videoed it because no one would believe it.would not mind at all paying for it that alone would bring more people in I think
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

tonyw wrote: I must protest Davey! All those applications work just fine on an NGFS partition. Were it not so, I would have fixed it.
My apologies. I recall reading that Odyssey had problems with indexing on NGFS. I had Amicygnix on its own SFS/02 partition on my A1XE, perhaps I just carried that over to my X5000.

Or perhaps you did fix it... but it hasn't been delivered to the users yet. ;)
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Doing reinstall only shows ngf/00 1024 block size where is NGFS or is ngf/00 the same thanks