Utility or Docky to get X5000 CPU Temps

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Utility or Docky to get X5000 CPU Temps

Post by amigasociety »

I know there is one for X1K... Anyone know a docky or utility that can get X5K CPU temps?

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
amigakit
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Re: Utility or Docky to get X5000 CPU Temps

Post by amigakit »

Yes it will be available in a forthcoming Enhancer Software V2. You will need X-Dock running and you can monitor the health of the X5000.

The old X1000 Dockies hit the hardware directly to read the CPU temp et al in a hacky way. There is now a proper hardware monitoring API and corresponding driver for the X5000. All of this will be available on the Enhancer Software V2.
Customer Help & Support: http://www.amigakit.com/help

www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

amigakit wrote:Yes it will be available in a forthcoming Enhancer Software V2. You will need X-Dock running and you can monitor the health of the X5000.

The old X1000 Dockies hit the hardware directly to read the CPU temp et al in a hacky way. There is now a proper hardware monitoring API and corresponding driver for the X5000. All of this will be available on the Enhancer Software V2.
So, there will also be a new X1000 cpu/gfx temp docky?
It being so "hacky" you surely have a better solution?
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

amigakit wrote:Yes it will be available in a forthcoming Enhancer Software V2. You will need X-Dock running and you can monitor the health of the X5000.

When can we expect the Enhancer Software V2? Looking forward to using my onboard X5000 ethernet adapter.

P.S the link http://www.amigakit.com/help is "Dead" (no content besides domain parking)
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
amigakit
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by amigakit »

That will be present in the next release: Enhancer Software V1.4 which is due imminently.

Thanks for the website bug report.

Skateman

Post by Skateman »

amigakit wrote:That will be present in the next release: Enhancer Software V1.4 which is due imminently.

Thanks for the website bug report.
:-) I would be nice if you could whitelist my Amisphere account so i could give the ethernet drivers a try using the Updater tool.
Due imminently by Amiga standards...is a bit Vague. :-)
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

No answer...nice
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Would you have preferred "two more weeks"? ;-)

Best regards,

Niels
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Something like, The new enhancer software will be available for download on the 10th of september for example. :-)

Making the announcement, and setting some of the files semi online behind the updater util makes me wonder why we have to wait?

Beta testing?......why..? for that small installed base... dont be silly :-)
amigakit
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by amigakit »

@Skateman

It takes a lot of work to get each Enhancer Software release completed: coordinating development, beta testing, translation of catalog files and collating it into a distribution package. The final parts are being done at the moment so it will not be too long now. There is always last minute polishing of the product to do.

@Raziel
No answer...nice
This is a low traffic third party forum so I do not visit here often. I frequent the major Amiga websites such as AmigaWorld.net and Amiga.org more frequently, so I have more chance of spotting questions there.