Internet Preferences & Losing Network Card issues

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Re: Internet Preferences & Losing Network Card issues

Post by amigasociety »

Just a note erasing all my settings in Internet Prefs and starting over with Internet Connection Wizard I have same issue. I could not even get on with the settings it made... but typed AmigaX5K in the hostname field... saved and it then connected me. Used iBrowser fine.... Rebooted X5K and the card goes limp again... same as before... limp by saying the light on the card during boot is steady green but once workbench loads, the card light goes dim green and I have zero connection again. As if the card on boot or load of workbench loses connection. Only way to get back is to switch Internet Prefs to static, save, let it fail connection and time out... switch back to DHCP, save, and normally it then connects and light comes back on. Use it... reboot... gone again.

I sense the card has issues unless there is some underlying issue in the software.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

And I will add this analogy... wondering if any others have this issue. IRC group I am in I am hearing grumblings of Ethernet Card issues.... so I am not the only one. ;)

From the desk of TJ....
"To me... almost seems that uBoot grabs onto my NIC and says.. howdy... and it comes alive at boot with a green lite on the NIC... but once workbench loads... something happens and it says STFU and drops it, green light goes out".

:twisted: :twisted:

TJ

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
gazelle

Post by gazelle »

Maybe you'll get error output on startup if you change the network startup in the startup-sequence from:

Code: Select all

If EXISTS S:Network-Startup
  Run >NIL: <NIL: *>NIL: Execute S:Network-Startup
EndIf
to:

Code: Select all

If EXISTS S:Network-Startup
;  Run >NIL: <NIL: *>NIL: Execute S:Network-Startup
  Execute S:Network-Startup
EndIf
edit: changed quote to code ;)
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Thought I would update this. Appears I forgot too long ago.

Found the NIC card that came with my X5000 was faulty, but others with the same brand of card as I had issues too. Well some of them did.

So I purchased a different brand (Protronix) 8169 based NIC and internet worked liked a charm.

So my card had issues and new card worked well.

;-)

TJ

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor