Creativity extras

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
Spektro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Creativity extras

Post by Spektro »

Hello,

For me Amiga has always been a creativity tool. I'm proposing that a set of self expression tools would be included in the next AOS4 version as extras, so that everyone can start creating right away :)

I'm proposing 6 tool categories: music, graphics, video, creative writing, game making, and ideation. I collected suggestions for every category. There are quite many tools, so it's obvious that not all can be included - maybe one or two per category.

What do you think about the idea?

Here are my suggestions:

Music
  • 4096 Live
  • Audio Evolution 4
  • Bars & Pipes
  • Dt-42
  • Goattracker
  • Hively Tracker
  • Klystrack
  • MilkyTracker
  • Protracker23
  • Protrekkr
  • Rockbeat
  • Schism
  • Seq
Graphics
  • 32biticoned
  • Amifig
  • Blender
  • ColorType
  • Fracplanet
  • Grafx2
  • ImageFX Lite
  • Imagin
  • Pencil
  • Povray
  • PPaint
  • SketchBlock
  • Terrain
Video
  • VideoEditor
Creative Writing
  • Abiword
  • Cinnamon Writer
Game Making
  • Aquest
  • Inutilis - Inga
  • MegaZeux
  • Magx
  • Tiled
Ideation
  • Mindspace
- Janne Peräaho
Raziel

Re: Creativity extras

Post by Raziel »

Wasn't the reason there were so few extras in the OS releases that they weren't able to secure the rights to do so?

If it was, and they'd like to change that, it would be at least a years job for one man to secure them, to just be able to burn them on the CD where most of said tools could easily be downloaded from known sites...
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Spektro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Spektro »

I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

You can view the OS4Depot's distribution terms here: http://os4depot.net/help/help_distribute.txt
- Janne Peräaho
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Spektro wrote:I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

You can view the OS4Depot's distribution terms here: http://os4depot.net/help/help_distribute.txt
Er no that just allowed cross posting to aminet (which has since be discontnued) and cover CD collections, not automatic inclusion on commercial distributions!
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

broadblues wrote:
Spektro wrote:I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

Er no that just allowed cross posting to aminet (which has since be discontnued) and cover CD collections, not automatic inclusion on commercial distributions!
Hmm ... consider this passage: "bundled as a freebe together with some other commercial or public domain software". I'd say that would be enough to allow it, given all the proper attributions etc. Although of course IANAL :-).

Best regards,

Niels
vox

Post by vox »

Some software should be fully licensed and included.

Today AmigaOS is most bare system of all. You get just the Notepad out of useful apps.

If integration is impossible, then something like Crysallys pack for MOS.

That is a real enhancer, not some eyecandies.