Missing checkbox in the new contextmenu (OS4.1 FE)

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
samo79

Missing checkbox in the new contextmenu (OS4.1 FE)

Post by samo79 »

In the submenu "Show" of the new contextmenu there is a "File .info?" option
The functionality works fine, however that item should have a clickable checkbox in order to visually show to the user if the option is activated or not

In the old contextmenu (Update 6) this specific checkbox was present, but for some reason it was removed in the latest release ... please add it again :-)
Amigo1

Re: Missing checkbox in the new contextmenu (OS4.1 FE)

Post by Amigo1 »

And I hope context menu gets all images, the way it is like now, it looks so "work in progress"..

Is there a TOOLTYPE to disable the menu images? I will enable them again as soon as all are implemented.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

samo79 wrote:In the submenu "Show" of the new contextmenu there is a "File .info?" option
The functionality works fine, however that item should have a clickable checkbox in order to visually show to the user if the option is activated or not
The contentmenu uses popupmenus, rather than true menus. They do not have checkbox options that I'm aware of. (Might be wrong). The command is not atoggle but an arexx command, it always turns the functionality on. In order for show info files to work show all files must be on first.

Use the workbench menu rather than context menu to verify the state if needed.
In the old contextmenu (Update 6) this specific checkbox was present, but for some reason it was removed in the latest release ... please add it again :-)
Clearly it did not.

1. There was never a checkmark
2. The show info files option was not present in update6
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Amigo1 wrote:And I hope context menu gets all images, the way it is like now, it looks so "work in progress"..

Is there a TOOLTYPE to disable the menu images? I will enable them again as soon as all are implemented.
The context menu gets it images from the icons of applications or from some extar dedicated images. If you want to add more the config file is in envarc:

The first entry on the line defines the image / icon to be used.

Typical tooltypes available;

DONOTWAIT
(CX_PRIORITY=-3)
(CX_POPKEY=ctrl alt c)
(QUALIFIER=RIGHTBUTTON)
(CLIPBOARD)
(UNIT=1)
(NOTITLE)
(IGNOREFOCUS)
AUTOFOCUS
(NOWINDOWACTIVATE)
(NOIMAGES)
SCALEIMAGES
SCALEICONS
SVN
(ICONSFIRST)
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

broadblues wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:And I hope context menu gets all images, the way it is like now, it looks so "work in progress"..

The context menu gets it images from the icons of applications or from some extar dedicated images. If you want to add more the config file is in envarc:

The first entry on the line defines the image / icon to be used.

Typical tooltypes available;

DONOTWAIT
(CX_PRIORITY=-3)
(CX_POPKEY=ctrl alt c)
(QUALIFIER=RIGHTBUTTON)
(CLIPBOARD)
(UNIT=1)
(NOTITLE)
(IGNOREFOCUS)
AUTOFOCUS
(NOWINDOWACTIVATE)
(NOIMAGES)
SCALEIMAGES
SCALEICONS
SVN
(ICONSFIRST)
Thanks for the TOOLTYPES list. Somehow the icon on my installation does not have them listed all.
I'm also looking for the ToolTypes for RAWBinfo, I could not find any info on the documentation or the wiki. What does the "ICONFIRST" ToolType do?
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

broadblues wrote:

You may want to read the docs... ;)

"IMPORTANT NOTE :

The Prefs program is being worked on. The way menus are defined in this
version of ContextMenus is a temporary solution.
It is wise not to spend too much time on this, until the prefs program
is ready. You have been warned !!!"

broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

@DaveyW

HUh, it's said that since for ages, I wouldn't let that note put you off customing the prefs to your needs, it's not like any changes will be overwritten half an hour after you did its it?