Anti-aliased drawing functions

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
chris

Anti-aliased drawing functions

Post by chris »

Is it possible to update graphics.library so all the drawing functions are anti-aliased? (even if it can't be the default for compatibility reasons)
Cairo looks great, but is very limited in terms of what BitMaps it supports, and you can't draw to RastPorts either, so it isn't great for native software (and it's huge, comparatively). Having better drawing functions in graphics.library would be a great help, and would improve all the ReAction gadgets too (rounded gadget corners, tabs, radio buttons could all do with anti-aliasing).
Hans-Joerg Frieden
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Anti-aliased drawing functions

Post by Hans-Joerg Frieden »

Not likely to happen any time soon I'm afraid. There is a considerable overhead required for that, and things like Cairo or AGG work very different from how graphics library drawing works (path rasterization vs. traditional hardware line drawing).

A possibility would be to update cairo to support a wider range of drawing targets, including RastPorts. Cairo could definitely use some love, once Gallium3D is finished, I'll have a look at converting the cairo-drm state tracker to AmigaOS for hardware acceleration.
NOTICE: If you want to contact me, use E-Mail. I cannot be contacted via the forum/private messages anymore
chris

Post by chris »

Hans-Joerg Frieden wrote:Not likely to happen any time soon I'm afraid. There is a considerable overhead required for that, and things like Cairo or AGG work very different from how graphics library drawing works (path rasterization vs. traditional hardware line drawing).

A possibility would be to update cairo to support a wider range of drawing targets, including RastPorts. Cairo could definitely use some love, once Gallium3D is finished, I'll have a look at converting the cairo-drm state tracker to AmigaOS for hardware acceleration.
OK, cool, thanks.
AmiHyperion

Post by AmiHyperion »

Other libraries are welcomes, but having updated native graphic.library would be really cool.