openSUSE Tumbleweed

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby musa » Sun May 26, 2019 9:29 pm

xeno74 wrote:[

Yes, you’re right because of OpenOffice. There are only debug packages of OpenOffice available. I don’t use Caja. Please try it with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c caja.
I can reboot and shutdown the X1000 with XFCE. Can you shutdown or reboot your X1000 with MATE?


No, not in the Mate not CFCE and not at login (top right) (This feature is gostet)
Caja and other programs starts as root. Thanks

Cheers,
Musa
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby xeno74 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:21 am

musa wrote:No, not in the Mate not CFCE and not at login (top right) (This feature is gostet)


That's strange. You can also power off your X1000 with sudo systemctl poweroff.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby xeno74 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 am

Hi Musa,

I have a solution because of the issue with "reboot" and "poweroff".

Please open the Polkit configuration file "/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/90-default-privs.rules" as root (su).

Change the reboot and power-off entries of org.freedesktop.login1 from

Code: Select all
[ 'auth_admin_keep', 'auth_admin_keep', 'auth_admin_keep' ],


to

Code: Select all
[ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


I changed the following entries:

Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.power-off':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.power-off-multiple-sessions':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.reboot':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.reboot-multiple-sessions':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Cheers,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby musa » Tue May 28, 2019 8:46 pm

xeno74 wrote:Hi Musa,

I have a solution because of the issue with "reboot" and "poweroff".

Please open the Polkit configuration file "/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/90-default-privs.rules" as root (su).

Change the reboot and power-off entries of org.freedesktop.login1 from

Code: Select all
[ 'auth_admin_keep', 'auth_admin_keep', 'auth_admin_keep' ],


to

Code: Select all
[ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


I changed the following entries:

Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.power-off':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.power-off-multiple-sessions':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.reboot':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Code: Select all
'org.freedesktop.login1.reboot-multiple-sessions':
                        [ 'yes', 'yes', 'yes' ],


Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian.
Many thanks for your interest in my problem. I had discovered that when I logged in as root I had no trouble restarting or closing the computer. So I was aware that the problem was because I didn't have the right rights to that action. Your solution to the problem works. Also in the menu at the login screen.
Many thanks for your help
Peter
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby musa » Fri May 31, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi
I have successfully compiled Worker 3.15.4

worker.png


Cheers
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby xeno74 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:32 pm

musa wrote:Hi
I have successfully compiled Worker 3.15.4


Great! Well done!

-- Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby musa » Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

xeno74 wrote:
musa wrote:Hi
I have successfully compiled Worker 3.15.4


Great! Well done!

-- Christian


Thanks Christian
Have a nice day
Peter
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Postby xeno74 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:40 am

musa wrote:Thanks Christian
Have a nice day
Peter


You too! :-) I released the new stable kernel 5.1.6 yesterday. You can use it with your openSUSE if you like.

— Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Previous

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests