Page 7 of 8

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:10 pm
by xeno74
Here you are:

/etc/zypp/repos.d

file repo-oss.repo:

Code: Select all
[repo-oss]
name=repo-oss
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=https://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/tumbleweed/repo/oss
path=/
type=rpm-md
keeppackages=0


file repo-non-oss.repo:

Code: Select all
[repo-non-oss]
name=repo-non-oss
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=https://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss
path=/
type=yast2
keeppackages=0


file repo-debug.repo:

Code: Select all
[repo-debug]
name=repo-debug
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=https://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/tumbleweed/repo/debug
path=/
type=yast2
keeppackages=0

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:19 pm
by xeno74
Image

Hi all,

I created with dd an img of my openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190521 PPC64 installation today.

Be aware, that openSUSE is experimental and isn't supported. openSUSE for the X1000 and X5000 is alpha software! It's only for testing and tinkering!

Download: openSUSE_Tumbleweed_20190521_ppc64.img.tar.gz

Users:

root (password "amigaone")
amigaone (password "amigaone")

Screenshot:

Image

Cheers,
Christian

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:08 pm
by sailorMH
xeno74 wrote:I created with dd an img of my openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190521 PPC64 installation today.

Hi xeno74,
I will gladly try it. Please, with southern island card is the same issue?
Need I rename the libglamoregl.so?

thanks!

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 pm
by musa
Hi Christian I found the repos but at that time my upgrade was broken. I therefore chose the easy solution and use your img file. I am now in the process of installing the programs I need.
All working fine at this time.
Thanks for the help

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:12 am
by xeno74
sailorMH wrote:Hi xeno74,
I will gladly try it. Please, with southern island card is the same issue?
Need I rename the libglamoregl.so?

thanks!


Yes, you need to rename the libglamoregl.so if you use a SI graphics card.

Code: Select all
sudo mv /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so.bak


Thanks for the hint! :-)

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am
by xeno74
musa wrote:Hi Christian I found the repos but at that time my upgrade was broken. I therefore chose the easy solution and use your img file. I am now in the process of installing the programs I need.
All working fine at this time.
Thanks for the help


Hi Musa,

Please let me know if there are any problems. Please also post a screenshot from your openSUSE desktop.

Thanks,
Christian

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:42 am
by musa
xeno74 wrote:
Hi Musa,

Please let me know if there are any problems. Please also post a screenshot from your openSUSE desktop.

Thanks,
Christian


Hi Christian. I install Mate desktop . Install compiz but lose windows decorations when use it as windows manager.
Has Suse no version of libreoffice?
Thanks
suse.png

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:11 am
by xeno74
musa wrote:Hi Christian. I install Mate desktop . Install compiz but lose windows decorations when use it as windows manager.
Has Suse no version of libreoffice?
Thanks


Hi Musa,

Many thanks for testing the openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190521 PPC64 img and thanks a lot for the screenshot! :-)

You're right. There isn't LibreOffice available for openSUSE Tumbleweed but you can install OpenOffice.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:
musa wrote:Hi Christian. I install Mate desktop . Install compiz but lose windows decorations when use it as windows manager.
Has Suse no version of libreoffice?
Thanks


Hi Musa,

Many thanks for testing the openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190521 PPC64 img and thanks a lot for the screenshot! :-)

You're right. There isn't LibreOffice available for openSUSE Tumbleweed but you can install OpenOffice.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian . I can't see any installation packages for openoffice.
I can see Abiword
I have noticed that I can only cook out but do not restart or turn off the computer.
If I try in a terminal to write sudo caja, the following happens
I write my root password and get this message
Could not parse argument: Cannot open terminal

in the beginning i could well start caja as root but no more. Are there any problems with rights

Thanks

Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:56 pm
by xeno74
musa wrote:Hi Christian . I can't see any installation packages for openoffice.
I can see Abiword
I have noticed that I can only cook out but do not restart or turn off the computer.
If I try in a terminal to write sudo caja, the following happens
I write my root password and get this message
Could not parse argument: Cannot open terminal

in the beginning i could well start caja as root but no more. Are there any problems with rights

Thanks


Yes, you’re right because of OpenOffice. There are only debug packages of OpenOffice available. I don’t use Caja. Please try it with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c caja.
I can reboot and shutdown the X1000 with XFCE. Can you shutdown or reboot your X1000 with MATE?