A-eon's old linux wheezy usb stick

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

A-eon's old linux wheezy usb stick

Post by sundown »

I have the red wheezy bootable usb stick I've been trying to get booting again, but can't recall the CFE command line for it.
I have "setenv bootargs 'root=/dev/sde1';boot -elf -noints -fs=ext2", but I can't remember the rest. Is the kernel on the usb stick? I see what looks like some older kernels in the "boot" directory.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
xeno74

Re: A-eon's old linux wheezy usb stick

Post by xeno74 »

sundown wrote:I have the red wheezy bootable usb stick I've been trying to get booting again, but can't recall the CFE command line for it.
I have "setenv bootargs 'root=/dev/sde1';boot -elf -noints -fs=ext2", but I can't remember the rest. Is the kernel on the usb stick? I see what looks like some older kernels in the "boot" directory.

Ken
Hi Ken,

Please try the following commands:

Code: Select all

CFE> setenv bootargs "root=/dev/sde1"

CFE> boot -elf -noints -ext2 usbdisk0:boot/vmlinux
Cheers,

Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

xeno74 wrote:
sundown wrote:I have the red wheezy bootable usb stick I've been trying to get booting again, but can't recall the CFE command line for it.

Ken
Hi Ken,

Please try the following commands:

CFE> boot -elf -noints -ext2 usbdisk0:boot/vmlinux
Cheers,

Christian
Ok, with your commands, it appears to load the kernel, but hangs on "return from prom_init. After a long wait, my monitor goes blank & turns off (standby mode).

Maybe its my r9 270 card, I had to test different kernels to get my Ubuntu disk install to boot after the change.

Ken
Last edited by sundown on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

sundown wrote: Ok, with your commands, it appears to load the kernel, but hangs on "return from prom_init. After a long wait, my monitor goes blank & turns off (standby mode).

Ken
The kernel from the usb stick is too old for your graphics card. Could you try it with the latest release candidate of kernel 4.0, please?

Download: vmlinux-4.0-rc7-AMIGA_one_X1000.tar.bz2

Copy the kernel with another Linux system to a cf card or to a usb stick.

You can boot Debian with latest kernel with the following commands:

CFE> boot -elf -noints -ext2 usbdisk0:boot/vmlinux-4.0
or

CFE> boot -elf -noints -fatfs cf0:vmlinux-4.0
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

xeno74 wrote:
sundown wrote: Ok, with your commands, it appears to load the kernel, but hangs on "return from prom_init. After a long wait, my monitor goes blank & turns off (standby mode).

Ken
The kernel from the usb stick is too old for your graphics card. Could you try it with the latest release candidate of kernel 4.0, please?

Download: vmlinux-4.0-rc7-AMIGA_one_X1000.tar.bz2

Copy the kernel with another Linux system to a cf card or to a usb stick.

You can boot Debian with latest kernel with the following commands:

CFE> boot -elf -noints -ext2 usbdisk0:boot/vmlinux-4.0
or

CFE> boot -elf -noints -fatfs cf0:vmlinux-4.0
That new kernel got me a lot further, had the dev wrong, seems to be sdf1, but it never reaches the desktop. Not sure if its a kernel problem or if the usb disk has gone bad. Not a show stopper, I have a working Ubuntu install, just wanted to see wheezy working again is all.

Ken