Reading .docx files

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
SteveH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reading .docx files

Post by SteveH »

While this isn't specific to the X1000, new users might like to know that Cinammon Writer v0.751 (http://desler.be/modules/wfchannel) can read .docx files, which I find very useful.
The program crashes on the X1000 when I try to save a file out in the .docx format, but is fine when I save as a text file.
This is very useful for me, as many files from work are in the .docx format and being able to read them on the X1000 enables me to work more efficiently.
Steve

[Edit: corrected spelling mistake]
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Reading .docx files

Post by ChrisH »

I seem to recall that Abiword on AmiCygnix will read & write DOCX files too, and in fact allow saving them as PDFs (which is rather useful).
SteveH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by SteveH »

ChrisH - you're perfectly correct. AbiWord is very usable on the X1000.
For those interested in Cinnamon Writer, it is now at v0.80 (download from OS4Depot.net or desler.be). I've only just installed it so haven't had a chance to play round with it, although I did notice that my biggest gripe (the inability to zoom in on the page) hasn't been addressed yet.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

SteveH wrote:The program crashes on the X1000 when I try to save a file out in the .docx format, but is fine when I save as a text file.
It would be helpful if you or some beta tester captured the crash output and posted it here. Then we may be able to figure out if this is an OS issue or an application issue.
ExecSG Team Lead
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slayer »

If it isn't done from now until I get home from work, I'll run the test and post it
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x