Recommended use for CF Slot?

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Severin
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Recommended use for CF Slot?

Post by Severin »

trevordick wrote:
Severin wrote:I also think the placement of the CF slot is a PITA, I have to remove the hard drive bays in my case to get access to it
You obviously don't have the AmigaONE X1000 case then? ;-)

Trevor
No I don't, hopefully if I save up for six months or so I'll be able to afford one. At the moment I'm using a Jeantech Phantom case that I used to have my MicroA1 in.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

@Severin
CF slots are electrically the same as IDE (using PIO mode), so you can buy simple adaptors which will connect CF cards to IDE sockets! Since the X1000 mobo has an IDE socket, you could cheaply turn this into a CF slot - and as a bonus have it accessible from the front-panel of your case. (And OS4 would also see it.)
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

ChrisH wrote:@Severin
CF slots are electrically the same as IDE (using PIO mode), so you can buy simple adaptors which will connect CF cards to IDE sockets! Since the X1000 mobo has an IDE socket, you could cheaply turn this into a CF slot - and as a bonus have it accessible from the front-panel of your case. (And OS4 would also see it.)
Great suggestion ChrisH.

The fact that it would also be accessible right now from OS4.1.5, and he would not have to wait for the on-board CF slot driver support to be finished, is a bonus. So, if he justs wants a CF slot for transferring files via sneaker net using the CF instead of the old days when floppies were used, you suggestion should fit the bill perfectly for him right now.
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x
Severin
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Severin »

Hmmm... I replied to this yesterday but for some reason the post was lost :(

Basically what I said was; I know about those but I have 2 ide drives already connected.

BTW. you can also get sata versions but alll my sata ports are used :(

Edit:
I actually have a 3.5" drivebay usb multicard reader which takes CF cards and at <£2 inc. delivery it's the cheapest option.

If anyone's interested here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... 00_details, they're £3.87 for 2 including delivery.