Page 1 of 1

Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 am
by AndyGarton
Hi all, I’m currently running a Radeon HD4650 from when I built my system a couple of years ago. What’s the latest thinking on what works best with the X1000 (I’m running 4.1FE update 1) please? My priorities are good 2D performance (including video playback), 3D performance (mainly games), and relatively low noise (ideally passively cooled, but if not then the fan(s) must be quiet).

I’m also a bit (actually a lot!) confused by the driver situation - I bought the V1 (I think) Radeon driver from AmiStore some time ago and it doesn’t show any updates available - do I have to buy the V2 version? Is it worth it, for both my current card, and/or the recommended card I might upgrade to?

Thanks,
Andy

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 pm
by Raziel
RadeonHD7550 (passively cooled) if you want all of your above wishes.

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm
by nbache
Googling a bit, I also see a (Sapphire) HD 7750 passively cooled, how about that one?

And are either of them actually available anywhere today?

Best regards,

Niels

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 am
by Raziel
nbache wrote:Googling a bit, I also see a (Sapphire) HD 7750 passively cooled, how about that one?

And are either of them actually available anywhere today?

Best regards,

Niels

Hope, it seems they are off market

I tend to get me a nice gfx board and switch the cooler/fan with a replacement one that isn't as noisy anyway
The ARCTIC ACCELERO's line is nice and easy to install

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 pm
by nbache
Raziel wrote:Hope, it seems they are off market
Yeah, thought so. Oh well, maybe Ebay or something ...

I tend to get me a nice gfx board and switch the cooler/fan with a replacement one that isn't as noisy anyway
The ARCTIC ACCELERO's line is nice and easy to install
Hmm, worth a look - thanks.

Meanwhile, I'm actually living quite nicely with my fanless HD 6670 on the X1000 (baah - who needs 3D ;-)).

Best regards,

Niels

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:51 am
by vox
nbache wrote:
Raziel wrote:Hope, it seems they are off market
Yeah, thought so. Oh well, maybe Ebay or Meanwhile, I'm actually living quite nicely with my fanless HD 6670 on the X1000 (baah - who needs 3D ;-)).
Niels


You will have it, just under Linux :-) Unlike all SI cards owners

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 pm
by 328gts
nbache wrote:...
Meanwhile, I'm actually living quite nicely with my fanless HD 6670 on the X1000 (baah - who needs 3D ;-)).



3D for ME and my HD 7950! me and my kids having a blast playing Spencer on my X1000 and hoping for some more cool 3D games to justify all ther hard work by Hans for us :mrgreen:

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 pm
by sailorMH
328gts wrote:3D for ME and my HD 7950! me and my kids having a blast playing Spencer on my X1000 and hoping for some more cool 3D games to justify all ther hard work by Hans for us :mrgreen:


Yesterday I swapped in my X1000 my original HD6570 for HD7970.
Amigaos 4.1 FE working nice - Warp3D, Warp3DNova - Tower57 @100-125 fps!!
Only I have to rebuild all linuxes.

Maybe it is slightly owerpowered 250W TDP GPU with 25W TDP CPU ;-) - why not, in original X1000 case there is 650W PSU.

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm
by 328gts
sailorMH wrote:
328gts wrote:3D for ME and my HD 7950! me and my kids having a blast playing Spencer on my X1000 and hoping for some more cool 3D games to justify all ther hard work by Hans for us :mrgreen:


Yesterday I swapped in my X1000 my original HD6570 for HD7970.
Amigaos 4.1 FE working nice - Warp3D, Warp3DNova - Tower57 @100-125 fps!!
Only I have to rebuild all linuxes.

Maybe it is slightly owerpowered 250W TDP GPU with 25W TDP CPU ;-) - why not, in original X1000 case there is 650W PSU.


nice :D ..don't forget to try HUNO's latest release of Return to Castle Wolfenstein...plays great on X1000 & HD797x cards

Re: Best Graphics Card for X1000?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am
by sailorMH
328gts wrote:Nice :D ..don't forget to try HUNO's latest release of Return to Castle Wolfenstein...plays great on X1000 & HD797x cards

You are right, it is very nice! It works perfectly.
Pls, how to test fps ? I found one timedemo on web, but it not works for me. I want compare it with SDL port on my Peg2.