Install problem with OS4.1 FE

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
BCPedigo

Install problem with OS4.1 FE

Post by BCPedigo »

I have an X1000 with Radeon 6570 & 4 gb of ram installed. I just received my 4.1 FE cd & when I try installing it booting from the CD, I get the "Amiga 4.1 Final Edition 4.1" boot screen than the display freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Alt no longer works. I've tried booting several times with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BCPedigo
Indianapolis, IN USA
AmigaOne XE-g3 Early Bird
AmigaOne X1000 FC
Raziel

Re: Install problem with OS4.1 FE

Post by Raziel »

BCPedigo wrote:I have an X1000 with Radeon 6570 & 4 gb of ram installed. I just received my 4.1 FE cd & when I try installing it booting from the CD, I get the "Amiga 4.1 Final Edition 4.1" boot screen than the display freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Alt no longer works. I've tried booting several times with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BCPedigo
Indianapolis, IN USA
Do you maybe have the possibility to hook up a serial cable to another machine and grab the output?
Sounds like something is freezing on the boot process, but it could be anything, from a chip on the X to one RAM module, to your gfx board.

You can try reducing the ram modules to a single one and take out all extra hardware that is not needed for booting (sound card if available, catweasel card, second gfx board if available, even the lan card)

Once you got it to boot you can plug back in one card after the other to see which one fails
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg