Page 1 of 1

Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 pm
by kilaueabart
I found out about NTFS on Epsilon's blog. He installed on a new disk, but I thought I'd see if I could make it work in the empty space I have on my main X1000 hard drive. Everything seemed to go well, and I got results that look like the ones in the blog, until I rebooted and instead of Workbench I got a big AmigaDos window with "Mount: Could not mount device 'DH10:' from file 'DH10': object not found."

I'm guessing that my problem may be that I couldn't find the Filesysbox and NTFS-3G drivers that are supposed to be downloadable from AmiUpdate. The closest thing I found (also necessary, I'm sure) was filesysbox.library. How do I find the drivers?

(If I subsequently mount devs:DOSDrivers/DH10 from the shell, I get "MOUNT: Device 'DH10:' is already mounted." But it is not a FileSystem device.)

Re: Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm
by ssolie
Filesysbox and NTFS-3G are delivered via AmiUpdate. AmiUpdate will ensure you have all the dependencies installed correctly in the correct order.

Re: Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 am
by salass00
@kilaueabart

update.amigaos.net which hosts the AmigaOS public updates seems to be inaccessible at the moment (it is here at least) so it may work better if you try updating again at a later time.

Re: Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am
by salass00
salass00 wrote:@kilaueabart

update.amigaos.net which hosts the AmigaOS public updates seems to be inaccessible at the moment (it is here at least) so it may work better if you try updating again at a later time.


It's working again.

Re: Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39 am
by sundown
kilaueabart wrote:I found out about NTFS on Epsilon's blog. He installed on a new disk, but I thought I'd see if I could make it work in the empty space I have on my main X1000 hard drive. Everything seemed to go well, and I got results that look like the ones in the blog, until I rebooted and instead of Workbench I got a big AmigaDos window with "Mount: Could not mount device 'DH10:' from file 'DH10': object not found."

I'm guessing that my problem may be that I couldn't find the Filesysbox and NTFS-3G drivers that are supposed to be downloadable from AmiUpdate. The closest thing I found (also necessary, I'm sure) was filesysbox.library. How do I find the drivers?

(If I subsequently mount devs:DOSDrivers/DH10 from the shell, I get "MOUNT: Device 'DH10:' is already mounted." But it is not a FileSystem device.)

Did you create a NTFS mountlist? You need to do that in Media Toolbox from the pulldown menu, I have devs:DOSDrivers/NTFS.

FileSystem = L:NTFileSystem3G
Activate = 1
Device = sb600sata.device
Unit = 0
Flags = 0
Surfaces = 3
SectorsPerBlock = 8
BlocksPerTrack = 16
Reserved = 2
LowCyl = 5720233
HighCyl = 7927601
Buffers = 1000
BufMemType = 1
MaxTransfer = 0x7fffffff
Mask = 0xfffffffe
DosType = 0x4e544653
GlobVec = -1
#

You may need to add the first 2 lines to get it to work, can't remember. Your #s will depend on your ntfs partition size. This seems to be a requirement for installed drives only, my usb formatted HD shows when plugged in.

Ken

Re: Filesysbox and NTFS-3G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:21 am
by salass00
sundown wrote:Did you create a NTFS mountlist? You need to do that in Media Toolbox from the pulldown menu, I have devs:DOSDrivers/NTFS.


He's already done that, he just hasn't installed the NTFS3G update yet so he doesn't have the filesystem needed. For that he needs to do an additional scan for updates with AmiUpdate after installing the filesysbox one.