Cannot change pointer !

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
hUMUNGUs

Cannot change pointer !

Post by hUMUNGUs »

The subject speaks for it self. For some reason, i cant change the way the pointer looks. Its really annoying. Anyone else got the same problem ?
Raziel

Re: Cannot change pointer !

Post by Raziel »

hUMUNGUs wrote:The subject speaks for it self. For some reason, i cant change the way the pointer looks. Its really annoying. Anyone else got the same problem ?
AmigaOS4 (i think) introduced 32bit pointers which live in envarc:sys/def_pointer.info and envarc:sys/def_busypointer.info

Using the Pointer prefs program will not help if those def_pointers are there...i think :-)

I haven't tried what happens if ones move them out of envarc:sys because i like the stylish new pointers :-)

Of course you can change them by either copying any pointer icon to envarc:sys or alter them with a 32bit icon paint program (not the one from AmigaOS4), like this one
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
hUMUNGUs

Post by hUMUNGUs »

Thanx buddy. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. Quite annoying. :-)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

hUMUNGUs wrote:Thanx buddy. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. Quite annoying. :-)
Just do what Raziel recommended and use the fine iconeditor from OS4Depot. My guess is creating a new "built-in" iconeditor has quite low priority, so don't waste your time being annoyed while waiting ;-).

Best regards,

Niels