Cannot copy large files back to USB stick

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Phantom

Cannot copy large files back to USB stick

Post by Phantom »

I just copied some large files (nearly 1GB) from my previous windoze system to my Amiga via my USB stick without any problem. But when I tried to copy them back to my USB stick, it simply can't. Any ideas? My HD is SFS partitioned.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
zappa2009

Re: Cannot copy large files back to USB stick

Post by zappa2009 »

Is the Filesystem from the USB-Stick NTFS ? If yes you have the Soulition for your Problem: NTFS on your X1000 is only readable.
With a Fat32 USB-Stick i can write a 1,1GB-.vob_File from a Homemade-Hollyday-DVD to my Fat32-Stick without any Problems.
And my HDD is SFS-formattet too. info says DH0: 400GB 1% Full Filesystem SFS1.290 (SFS2).

Or try this. Format your USB-Stick on your X1000 with Crossdosmaybee this helps.
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Under information it says
Handler: L:CrossDOSFileSystem (FAT2)

So, I suppose that this FAT2 is FAT32 or something else?

Also tried to format the USB stick under X1000 using the format option, but nothing happens; still have the same problem with very large files.
zappa2009

Post by zappa2009 »

I will test it on my X1000 again.

2GB File from the HDD to a Fat32-Stick right? What sould i use Shell Filemanager or Workbench .

For the first try i use Diskmaster2
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

My files are matroska ones (mkv), almost 1GB each one. I used DOpus for copying but will try over Shell as well.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Used Copy via Shell, I left it for over 3 hours (went out for dinner, drink etc), just came back it was just "copying", although it copied nothing at all.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

Phantom wrote:Used Copy via Shell, I left it for over 3 hours (went out for dinner, drink etc), just came back it was just "copying", although it copied nothing at all.
First, it seems FC USB copy has a problem, its now very slow for me, 445K/s now vs 3.6M/s before. I will try to track the problem down & it could end up being your problem as well.

Verify your flash stick, select its icon & then icon info, you should get L:CrossDOSFileSystem (FAT2) if its formatted right.

I'll have to backtrack updates to see if I can find the problem, hopefully I'll find it & get it reported, no idea how long it'll take.

Edit: In my kicklayout file, I have MODULE Kickstart/ehci.usbhcd, which is the usb2 driver. Seems you need to add a return after, or the driver doesn't get loaded. Well, that was why it was so slow for me, a 1G file copied to a usb stick in 326 sec, 3.3M/s.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

sundown wrote:Verify your flash stick, select its icon & then icon info, you should get L:CrossDOSFileSystem (FAT2) if its formatted right.
It's exactly that.
Edit: In my kicklayout file, I have MODULE Kickstart/ehci.usbhcd, which is the usb2 driver. Seems you need to add a return after, or the driver doesn't get loaded. Well, that was why it was so slow for me, a 1G file copied to a usb stick in 326 sec, 3.3M/s.
Strange. I've checked my kicklayout file and it seems that a return after was already in place before. There's one in the middle (for AmigaOS_4.1_Update_6) and another one at the far end of the file (AmigaOS_4.1_Update_5-Debug). I've grabbed some screenshots to see for yourself, but I cannot upload them here, as I got the following message: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I would like to mention also that I'm not using the tower's USB hubs, but a card reader. Can this card reader cause that problem?
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

Phantom wrote:I would like to mention also that I'm not using the tower's USB hubs, but a card reader. Can this card reader cause that problem?
Could be the hub, a guess would be an issue with kickstart/massstorage.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU